Cute rain jacket?

aprildream

I just ordered one from Blair.com for our cruise. Some of their things are not high enough quality for me, but their jackets generally are and this jacket looks cute. Lined in mesh so it won't be to hot. It was $39.99, comes in white, coral, and light blue. It is called the Macintosh Hydrotech jacket. Blair has several other nice travel-style raincoats and rain-resistant jackets. Look in the Outerwear section at both the Jackets and the Raincoats under that heading.

Go to Blair.com and put in "Mackintosh" in the search box (don't forget the "K") and you'll see the one I got. They have so many rain jackets, I think you'll find one there.

I don't know how much you are thinking when you say cheap...

London Fog has some (most are around $100 or less full price) that are easy to pack, waterproof, with zip out linings. Since it is January you might be able to find some on sale. I have found them at Macys, Nordstrom, and their outlet stores.

If you are talking much cheaper then it will be likely unlined... I would check stores like:

Forever 21 (up to the momemt items, cheap)

Target

Express

Ann Taylor Loft

Kohls

I saw one at Express a month or two ago for about $60-70. Is probably on sale now. ATL has some in the $50-100 range depending if it is on sale.

Bought a darling rain jacket which zips...it's pink with a beige lining. There is a hood and it is lined in a beige material. Got it for $35 at Ross and it's not heavy...if I'm a little cold, I wear a sweater underneath. They should be featuring this type of coat now for Spring. Marshall's and T. J. Maxx probably have coats like this as well.

I bought a great 3/4 length, bright yellow rain jacket at the Totes Outlet. It has a bright plaid lining in pinks and blues that shows when you roll the sleeves. It also came in red and navy and I think a light blue. It is perfect to wear over light weight clothes if it is warm or over a heavy sweater if the weather gets cold. I've had people stop me and ask where I bought it saying they haven't seen such a nice raincoat. The best part was it only cost $19.95! I got it back in the fall before we went on our Caribbean Cruise. We sailed from Norfolk, VA and it was perfect for boarding the ship! The Totes store has lots of nice travel items.

I found an Eileen Fisher rain jacket a couple of years ago at Nordstrom. It is a slight swing style (which is my favorite coat shape) and has a double zipper. It is very simple, with pockets and a hood and a carrying pouch. The pouch has a hook on it that I keep on the inside of the jacket when I'm wearing the coat. It is a very nice light blue and keeps the rain off me. I can't find it anywhere on the web or I would have posted a website. It is made of cotton, totally lightweight, and doubles as a pillow when not in use:) I used it a lot on a cruise a couple of years ago when it was a particularly rainy week.

--Judy

One day it was chilly and rainy, I had a bunch of errands, I grabbed a rain coat w/zip lining while at Sams. I love it, most compliments on any jacket ever. I always look while I am there now

But agree LL bean has great jackets & coats, get the credit card free shipping & monogram

• 1 month later...

I just recd. the MacIntosh Hydrotekc spring jacket (both water and wind resistant) that I referenced in my post above, from Blair. It is really cute, lightweight, light mesh lining, and it breathes nicely, has inside and outside pockets. I got it in a nice coral color. Will be great for travel. I love it and am taking it on our cruise. $39.95. Comes in white, coral, or blue.

Here is a link to the jacket.

http://*****.com/2wegz6

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am bringing back this post because I got another nice very lightweight and compact windbreaker/rain jacket for travel. I found it at New York and Co., it is called the Metro jacket. Very smart styling, and at 40% off on their storewide sale last week (they have those sales regularly) I got it for $28. It comes in yellow, hot pink, bright green, and orange. It really folds up small for travel, and shakes out well with no wrinkles.

Archived