Hotels near the pier in Fort Lauderdale

CruisinMominMaine

One of my favorite tricks is to use Google Maps for something like this. You look up the city you want, then find the location. For example, I typed in Port and choose it. There is a link to "search nearby" and then you enter HOTEL and it gives you a list of hotels by distance (as the crow flies).

If you want to see the results of the category search, it's at http://maps.google.ca/maps?near=1850+Eller+Dr,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316,+USA+(Port+Everglades)+%4026.082065,-80.120778&q=category:+Motels+%26+Hotels&f=l&hl=en&dq=port&ie=UTF8&ei=LyW4RYSeGoTgqwK8tfzUBQ&z=14&ll=26.082071,-80.120802&spn=0.040395,0.059824&om=1

It's also great to look for restaurants and pharmacies if you want to know where they are from your hotel. I once used this on my grandparent's condo and we found out about restaurants we didn't even know about, all in easy walking distance.

Oh and the hybrid and satellite views are fantastic. Look up your house and see all your neighbours and their swimming pools :)

How so? Are there hotels not listed that should be? Are there hotels listed that are no longer in exsistance? Just curious.

There's a hotel that's since been demolished, another thats changed no longer a major franchise. Like the previous poster said, your better off Googleing it youself for the most up to date information, it's that easy.:rolleyes:

Archived