Tour guides in Acapulco

nebraskagal

Sioux City, age 6mos-8yrs. Then I decided to come to Calif, been here ever since. Still have aunts and lots of cousins in that area. Don't get back as often as I should. What happened to my post? Does that mean I did a boo boo?

Would anyone have recommendations for a private tour guide in Acapulco? I've read about someone named Rosie. Can anyone tell me about her tours?

Thanks!:)

Did you get the info on Rosie that were looking for? We toured with her last week and had a fantastic time!

On your Rosie tour, did you know exactly where you were going and what you would see before you got there or she has a set tour she does? How many in your group?

Thanks

We knew we were going to the cliff divers and she said she would take us on a driving tour of the city but that was all that we knew before we got there. I think her tour is generally always the same, but she did ask our group if there were specific things we wanted to do in addition and some of the people wanted to go to a flea/craft market. So we went to the Cliff Divers, then she drove us around pointing out things and giving historical information. Then she took us to the Hotel Casa Blanca which has an amazing view of the Bay, then to the Hotel Los Flamingos which was owned by Johnny Weismiller (Tarzan) and John Wayne, then we stopped at a couple of shops, then we did some more driving and seeing the sites, then to her parents house, then to the Diamond district and the Peace Cross, then Senor Frogs for a late lunch, then some more driving site seeing, then to a flea/craft market and then back to the ship. We were with Rosie from 12:00 noon to 7:00 p.m. She charged $30 pp and there were 10 of in the group.

We had Rosie booked for an all day tour on our cruise back in November, but unfortunately, Hurricane Sergio caused us to be rerouted and we sailed the traditional Mexican Riviera itinerary instead. I read nothing but great things about her and will use her when we try the Spirit itinerary again in the future. She was always quick to respond to emails. Here is her contact information: Rocío Díaz Hernández dew_days@hotmail.com

Did you book for all 10 people or some that she had arranged? We only have three so far and hope we can find someone else or that she will had others to our group. Our Dawn rollcall group for Feb 5th SF sailing is not very big and everyone seems to have already booked something or going on their own or doing ship tours. Thanks for the info.

Hey Nebraska, decide what to do yet?

Did you book for all 10 people or some that she had arranged? We only have three so far and hope we can find someone else or that she will had others to our group. Our Dawn rollcall group for Feb 5th SF sailing is not very big and everyone seems to have already booked something or going on their own or doing ship tours. Thanks for the info.

Hey Nebraska, decide what to do yet?

We booked for 5 people and the other five found her through this website, but they were not on our Roll Call.

Hi again from Nebraska. We have made arrangements with Rosie for a tour. We will be on the Celebrity Mercury arriving into Acapulco on February 22nd. There will be 8 of us and she's charging $30 per person for 5 hours. She has another ship coming in later and is committed to another group at 1 P.M. that day. This will give us time to look around on our own after our tour.

It's only 18 degrees here today with an even colder wind chill. I'm ready to cruise!!!!:)

Judy

We had a great time with Rosie last December. She speaks great English and has a pleasant and humorous demeanor. She will meet just after you leave the pier. She even took us to the plantation (her parents home). She is entertaining and has a great way with children.

Greg

After reading about Rosie on the boards, we took a chance and booked a tour with her. It was the best thing we ever did. She was pleasant, knowledgeable and could not do enough to please you. We saw more of Acapulco in the 6 hours we spent with her, than you would possibly see on another tour. She really catered the day to us and wanted us to see as much of her home town as possible. We shared the tour with several other people who were on the ship and did not regret doing so. We left the agenda up to Rosie, our only request was to see the Cliff Divers. She did a great job planning our day and took us to see sights we would have never thought about, including a visit to her parents home. We would highly recommend contacting Rosie.

William & Mary

Archived