great cruise cb 1/14/07

LynandBill

We just returned from the 1/14-1/21 voyage on the Caribbean Princess. This was our 13th cruise(8 RCI, 2 Celebrity, 1 Carnival) but only our 2nd with Princess. Wow!!! We Loved it. Embarkation was very smooth as we arrived very early. We were at the port at 10:15 and passengers were still leaving from the week before. We went into the terminal and they gave us #1 card for early boarding. We were in our cabin around 11:30. We had anytime dining and went to the Coral dining room every night, always getting a nice candlelite table for 2.We thought the food and service were outstanding. The best we've had in many cruises. We cruise twice a year, once with a very large group of family members and once for quality alone time for my wife and I. The ship is very well kept and simply beautiful. We were in cabin A604 on the Aloha deck(deck12). It was a very nice cabin, with a nice balcony and had twice the amount of closet space we had on the Brilliance last year. We liked the location so much we booked A502 on the Crown in September. This was a relaxing, enjoyable and fun cruise. Princess won us over in just about every aspect of cruising and we can't wait until September! If you are going on this ship you will not be dissapointed. Feel free to ask any questions as I will do my best to answer them. Bill

We were on the CB in summer 2004 with a large family group and loved it (western itinerary). We may be repeating the same itinerary this July, and so are reading all current reviews to see what the CB is like now. Thanks for letting us know you had such a a great cruise.

Mary

Glad you had a great cruise. We also love the CB, as well.

We are booked on the CB for Feb 18, our 3rd time.

Could you recommend a good waiter in the Coral dinning room?

Thanks

Richard(waiter) and Lito(assistant waiter)were outstanding. We had them the second night and went to the same table the remainder of the cruise.

We're sailing on the CB April 1st, can you tell me what movies they showed at MUTS?

Anne[/QUObTE

Hi Anne

Have you signed up on the roll call yet? We've got a nice group started.

Sandy

Thanks for the possitive review db8591. What did you do in St. Thomas & St. Martin?

We are headed on the Carribean Princess in May your review really has me excited now !!!

are you on either the May 20th or May 27th sailings - if so come join our roll calls.

For the OP: great to hear that the CB rates so well compared to other cruise lines! We have ten Princess cruises under our belt, plus one small one with Captain Cook and have always been inquisitive about how they compare. We are very excited about our May back to back CB cruises. The opened up Calypso Pool sounds and looks fab! (compared to the sliding roof over the Calypso Pool which incidentally has always been shut for us on the other Grand Class ships:( )

Was their an adults-only Playstation challenge on MUTS one evening?

Who is the captain and Cruise Director?

Cheers

Glad you had a great cruise. We also love the CB, as well.

We are booked on the CB for Feb 18, our 3rd time.

Could you recommend a good waiter in the Coral dinning room?

Thanks

We got a roll call going for that week aboard the CB-- stop in and join us

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316048

Don: Im surprised you havent visited our roll call yet- a few of your posts have helped me a great deal. Please stop by.

for the OP-- could you tell me if the ship changed times (added an hour)before you got to the first port?

We're sailing on the CB April 1st, can you tell me what movies they showed at MUTS?

Anne

Hi Anne,

MUTS movies and Concerts on the big screen: The Illusionist, the movie Cars, Elton John in concert, Tina Turner in concert, Rocky Horror Picture Show,The DaVinci Code, Splash, The Brothers Grimm, Spiderman 2, Finding Nemo, Ocean's 12, E.T., Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stones, NFL Football(Playoffs), Rumer has it, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Grease. These are some of the MUTS movies.They also show movies in the Princess theater daily at 2:30pm: The Illusionist, Invinceable, Superman Returns. You are going to love this ship! This was our 13th cruise and one of our favorite cruises. Bill

Anne[/QUObTE

Hi Anne

Have you signed up on the roll call yet? We've got a nice group started.

Sandy

Thanks for the possitive review db8591. What did you do in St. Thomas & St. Martin?

Hi Anne,

In St. Maarten we went on a 4 hour Catamaran. It was great! This was our 8th time in St Thomas so we shopped in the stores right off the ship(large shopping area)and then hung out at the pool on the ship. In the past we've gone to Megans Bay, Trunk Bay, did a few Catamarans. St Thomas is such a beautiful place! Bill

We were on the Caribbean Princess Sept, 06, and loved it so much, we are returning This Sept, 07!! She is a great ship with many activities for everyone, and I thought the best food out of my seven cruises!

We did the sept 23dn Caribbean and loved everything about it. The food was fantastic. We ate so much. Yup, did dinner at the dining room would walk around for a while and then just check out what they are serving at the buffet. Not that we had to eat ANYTHING but before we knew it we had a plate full of food... again.

We are going on another Cruise really soon Mexican Riviera April 28/07. Bursting at the seams to get on the boat. This time we are going with friends and no kids.

We were on the Caribbean Princess Sept, 06, and loved it so much, we are returning This Sept, 07!! She is a great ship with many activities for everyone, and I thought the best food out of my seven cruises!

We did the sept 23dn Caribbean and loved everything about it. The food was fantastic. We ate so much. Yup, did dinner at the dining room would walk around for a while and then just check out what they are serving at the buffet. Not that we had to eat ANYTHING but before we knew it we had a plate full of food... again.

We are going on another Cruise really soon Mexican Riviera April 28/07. Bursting at the seams to get on the boat. This time we are going with friends and no kids.

Thanks db8591, we dine early (5:30PM) so we get to pick any table we

want. We will definitely ask for Richard.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Our 1st night we went to the Coral for dinner and they were trying to convince people to go to the Palm dinning if you wanted a table for 2. We listened. They made it sound like they only had 3 or 4 but there are about 10 to 12 tables for 2. They fill up Quickly at 5:30 in the Coral bacause the Palm is really out of the way. Around 7-7:15 PM those tables open up again. My suggestion would be to go to the Coral when you board and book a table for 2 at 5:30 each evening with Richard and Lito. Ask for 354A or 355A as they are along the glass and are candlelit. Not all tables are candlelit, some have a light over them. Good Luck and have fun! Bill

Archived