hi - im new and i have some questions

dgp666

hi there! im booking my first cruise and im clueless. i read through the FAQ's and there is some great information in there. thank you all for contributing to it!

as of right now, i have three questions.

on serenade of the seas - has anyone stayed in cabins 7608 or 7592? the deck map shows them as being a bit set back, im wondering if this makes the balcony bigger, and if it obstructs your view?

is there a way to search a ship to see what cabin numbers are available? for example, i see that cabins 7674 - 7712 are aft cabins, which from reading this board, i think i might actually prefer. but short of going into each and every cabin category and seeing if they pop up - is there a way i can see all cabins available on this cruise?

last question - i will be travelling from vancouver to san diego. should i get a room on the right side of the ship, or left side? id like the best views.

thank you.

hi there! im booking my first cruise and im clueless. i read through the FAQ's and there is some great information in there. thank you all for contributing to it!

as of right now, i have three questions.

on serenade of the seas - has anyone stayed in cabins 7608 or 7592? the deck map shows them as being a bit set back, im wondering if this makes the balcony bigger, and if it obstructs your view?

is there a way to search a ship to see what cabin numbers are available? for example, i see that cabins 7674 - 7712 are aft cabins, which from reading this board, i think i might actually prefer. but short of going into each and every cabin category and seeing if they pop up - is there a way i can see all cabins available on this cruise?

last question - i will be travelling from vancouver to san diego. should i get a room on the right side of the ship, or left side? id like the best views.

thank you.

1. I don't know, I didn't look at the deck plans.

2. The only way you can know for sure if a specific cabin is available is to call RCCL if you are not using a TA. or Your TA if you have one. The website only shows a certain number of cabins at one time so it will not show all cabins available. If there is a N/A on a catagory, it means it is sold out or doesn't exist.

3. Since you are traveling south, perhaps the left side? I know when you sail through the Puget Sound either side is beautiful.

Hope this helps and keep reading!! You will learn a ton of things.And welcome to CC!!:)

If you are interested in a specific cabin, definitely check with either RCCL or your TA.

We're doing the reverse of the trip you are planning... we'll be sailing on Serenade from San Francisco to Vancouver. From what I understand, we'll be sailing too far away from the coast to have a view. But if you choose a Starboard (right) side cabin, you should have a view of some spectacular sunsets from your balcony.

Have fun planning and have a wonderful cruise! :)

Since this is your 1st cruise, have you gotten the cruise brochure from RCI yet? If not, get one. You can pick one up for free at any TA--just tell them you're looking for info on a cruise! (Or you can order one from RCI, but it takes them awhile to send it)

In it, you will find ALL the info you need on your upcoming vacation. The deck plans, tipping guidelines, dining times, clothing guidelines, etc.... You name it,--it's in there.

Go for the aft if at all possible!!!

On the lone sea day, the starboard side had the better view of most of the islands. On the day in St. Lucia, the port side had the better view as we left St. Lucia BUT the Captain did a 360 in front of the Pitons so everybody could see. In some of the ports, the starboard side had the better view, in others the port side, and in almost every port, the AFT had the best view. Also, the aft cabins have much larger balconies than the same category cabins on the side of the ship.

On the lone sea day, the starboard side had the better view of most of the islands. On the day in St. Lucia, the port side had the better view as we left St. Lucia BUT the Captain did a 360 in front of the Pitons so everybody could see.

Your thinking of a different cruise. The OP is looking at a Vancouver to San Diego cruise.

Go for the aft if at all possible!!!

And we do not think the aft is all that. Sure, the balconies are extended with a view back of the ship, but the air can get a bit stale, you can end up with some soot (some ships, not all, but there was some on Radiance), and we just far prefer the hump. The two balcony cabins on either side of the mid-ship elevators and on the end of the hump are wonderful with larger balconies and great location. (No worries about noise from the elevators.) We also love the middle of the hump.

It's good that we all have our own preferences. That way more of us can be happy with our choices.:)

beachchick

Archived