MSC Opera April 1st Carribean cruise

fredandterry

Hey, I think we'll have the entire ship to ourselves. Can't seem to find anyone going on this sailing. As far as freestyle, we've been on both, mostly assigned seating. I guess we like the freestyle better but we'll probably eat the buffet or pizza or whatever on days that we get back to sea late. Doesn't sound like the food is going to be that great on this line. Oh well, I just started Weight Watchers so maybe that will be a good thing...not to gain a ton of weight.

Hey, I think we'll have the entire ship to ourselves. Can't seem to find anyone going on this sailing. As far as freestyle, we've been on both, mostly assigned seating. I guess we like the freestyle better but we'll probably eat the buffet or pizza or whatever on days that we get back to sea late. Doesn't sound like the food is going to be that great on this line. Oh well, I just started Weight Watchers so maybe that will be a good thing...not to gain a ton of weight.

You'll be sharing the ship with 2 more! I've been reading reviews about this line and this ship. I've sailed European lines before. I, too, have been reading mostly bad reviews on the food...but..I don't live to eat anyway so, I think we'll be able to manage.

I'm wondering about the amenities on this ship. Do they have DVD players? Do they have electricity for laptops?

I don't mind the announcements in 4 or 5 languages, I can endure the smoking and I'm pretty sure this will be a nice cruise. No matter what, it can't be any worse than a cruise I took a few years ago on the Olympus line. :)

My wife and I will also be on the Apr 1st Opera. We sailed on its sister ship Lirica in Apr 2005. I would rate the food as a 3 on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the Excellent. Is anyone on this sailing interested in joining a group for a private tour in St. Marteen? We are considering a tour with bernard at www.sxmtours.com who is highly recommended on these cruise critic boards. We are also considering a Granada tour with Mandoo at www.granadatours.com who is also highly recommended on these boards.

My husband and I will be with you. We too are having a hard time with booking our own excursions. Our times in port are odd times compared to other cruises. We enjoy SCUBA and have found people to work with our times in St Lucia and Barbados. MSC doesn't seem to offer any SCUBA excusions so we are forced to locate our own. We are both "high adventure" (SCUBA, hot air balloons, hikes, bikes, sailing...). Please leave word if you know of any really exciting adventures in the ports we will be in. We were in St Lucia for our daughter's wedding last May and recommend the volcano for anyone who has never seen one. The boiling mud is great even if the tour is not very adventurous. If you just wish to tour an island, we've found that we have enjoyed hiring a taxi and telling the driver our interests. That avoids wasted time in a botanical garden when you might rather be at the top of the mountain. The locals know the best places and will give history and a look at real life on that island.

As far as the reports of bad food go......maybe I'll be able to lose some weight this trip instead of gaining! It's all good. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just signed up for your boards about 1/2 hour ago, I've been with another board for a while but gaining nearly no info concerning the Opera nor MSC in general. With that said, include 2 more on this cruise. We also have not done MSC, the food can't be any more disappointing than our last cruise on Carnival (and we aren't fussy) Hope for formal nights, I'm all set. I never dress up, but love this part so we can have pictures done. We usually run from station to station in hopes that 2 unphotogenic people will actually look good.;)

We will be on the April 1 Opera. We are a family of five, two adults and three kids, two boys ages 11 and 13 and a 8 year old girl. We are traveling with two other familes. Our party totals 13. We are exited and looking forward to this cruise. Ship is booked. It is amazing how diverse the food reviews have been. I have been on many cruises and the food has almost never been always good, but it has been always enjoyable and I am sure this cruise will be no exception.

Archived