What to wear in the rain forest

mommybunny21

when we did the rainforest in puerto rico, we wore hiking attire over swimsuits (so we could swim under the falls). we just decided we'd accept getting wet and get over it. some people recommend those lighweight ponchos that fold up really small, but those are HOT! re bugs - bugspray!

i don't remember any bugs when i was there 5 years ago and bugs love me.

but i do remember the path being a bit more difficult than expected ..it wasn't hard but definitely not easy/even at all parts. i do remember thinking some of it was so difficult that the entire group didn't make it (mostly older folks with bad knees or really poorly supported shoes/sandals)...but i may have just imagined that or thought that.

oh and it was hot so wear something cool.

(we did some waterfalls tour with hike through carnival - even though it was a simple excursion i think it's my favorite so far! it was so pretty - bring a camera!)

We'll be taking a tour that includes a short hike thru the rain forest-what should we wear? Do we dress for heat or coverage from the bugs? Thanks

Who did you book this tour with? We decided to go with Beno. I plan on dressing in swim shorts and a tankini top (for me and the girls). Just not sure what to do for footwear. See ya on the roll call.

Archived