What NCL excursion to do in miami after cruise???

jim2cruise

:confused: We have Tried to get some info on the NCL web site on Miami Excurssions, and they keep on saying that the site is under constuction check back later. Our cruise will be leaving on Feb. 11th., and returning On the 18th. We will have a lot of time to spare because our return Flight takes off at 8:45 pm. Any help with what the excurssions may be and the prices would be great. Also if anyone has any other ideas to use up a little time in either Miami or Fort Lauderdale, so That we don't have to just sit in the airport, that would help also.

:confused: We have Tried to get some info on the NCL web site on Miami Excurssions, and they keep on saying that the site is under constuction check back later. Our cruise will be leaving on Feb. 11th., and returning On the 18th. We will have a lot of time to spare because our return Flight takes off at 8:45 pm. Any help with what the excurssions may be and the prices would be great. Also if anyone has any other ideas to use up a little time in either Miami or Fort Lauderdale, so That we don't have to just sit in the airport, that would help also.

We did the NCL Everglades Tour with airboat ride. It was o.k. I lived in Florida for a while and had been there, done that but DH hadn't so he enjoyed it. I don't remember the pricing and it's probably changed anyway since it was two years ago.

We did the NCL Everglades Tour with airboat ride. It was o.k. I lived in Florida for a while and had been there, done that but DH hadn't so he enjoyed it. I don't remember the pricing and it's probably changed anyway since it was two years ago.

We also did the NCL Everglades Tour since we had a flight out of Fort Lauderdale (FLL) at 4:45 P.M.. There were two buses from NCL, the bus we were on had NCL FLL flyers and certain Miami flyers, the other bus was all Miami flyers.

We stopped at the Miami Airport after the Tour at 1:30 P.M. and made it to FLL around 2:30 P.M..

If you wisely booked a late flight, and have never been to the city before, the NCL city tour which leaves you at the airport is a wonderful way to burn a few hours in every port.

For some reason that tour was cancelled on our cruise, the people were not notified until the evening before. Perhaps there was not enough interest. :confused:

We just took this one in January and were glad we did. We had not thought of it beforehand and signed up for it the last day of the cruise. It was fun - especially if you have never ridden an airboat or seen the everglades - and saved a lot of waiting time in the airport. There was a brief alligator show after the boat ride and my nephew got to hold a baby alligator which was a thrill for him. They let anyone hold him who is willing to make a donation of your choice. The nice thing for us was that they worry about the timing and transportation so we didn't have to. They took us right to the airport afterwards in time for our 4:00 flight, but you will have loads of time, but by the time you get to the airport you will be ready for dinner. Maybe someone knows if there are any nice places to eat there. My memory is that it was approx. $35.

With all that time, have you thought about renting a car for the rest of your day? I'm not sure how many are in your party, but you figure if a tour costs 49.00 pp, that's 100.00. You could spend that or less, and make your own day. The everglades area where the airboat rides aren't difficult to get to. We've done that, and then went to Monkey Jungle afterwards. You could actually start at Bayside Marketplace, very near the cruise port, spend some time, do the everglades, monkey jungle, stop somewhere for dinner, back to airport.

I've always printed out from mapquest very detailed directions from point A to B to C etc. Just get the addresses you need and of course a 'real' map never hurts. We have rented a car getting directly off the ship in Miami, they have shuttles (depending on who you rent car from) that can pick you up right at the port and take you directly to car rental place.

We also did the Everglades tour in November and enjoyed it. I don't remember the cost unfortunately. This tour can only be booked on the ship, not in advance from the website or via tax. We had 3 buses that went -- and I know someone else from our roll call got the last 4 available spots, so it filled up.

We were back at MIA by about 1 or 1:30, so my main concern would be that you're still going to have a lot of time to kill if your flight doesn't leave until 8:45 at night. Given that much time, I'd also recommend renting a car and doing your own exploring. Since you asked about things to do in both MIA and FLL, I'm assuming you're probably flying out of FLL. I don't knkow what it's like, but the MIA airport isn't my favorite place. Very few shops or places to eat -- at least in the section where our departure gate was.

Archived