Just Back From Elation- HMC, GT, Nassau

Hogladyrider

Just got home at 10 am this morning, already unpacked, killing an hour until we can go pick up our dogs at the kennel.

Will post a review soon, but any quesitons in the mean time ask away.

We had an AWESOME cruise! We stepped off the ship this morning (we used self assist disembark) and it was freezing rain by Florida standards, certainly not Bahamas weather!:cool:

Glad to hear you had a great time! We'll be boarding next Saturday. YAY! :D

What were the water temps like? Particulary in Grand Turk and HMC, where we're planning water activities? Mind, we live in Colorado and swim in a water hole in the summers, where the water is snow melt and on a good day is about 60 degrees, so we aren't too worried about being too cold. :) We'd just like to know what to expect...

Oh, and if by chance you had a suite...What was it like? We'll be in U73. Our first suite. :D

Glad to see you had a great cruise. Am anxiously awaiting your review. Also am sure I have some questions for you later when I have time to think about it. As we have talked about before, we are doing the same itinerary 3/31/07:)

And Nightwind, I will also love to hear from you on your return. We are booked in U70, so would love your thoughts and pics.

Welcome back. I know you are glad to be home with the poochies but miss the ship. Was it an awesome time? We're going to GT and HMC so I am looking forward to your review. Think you'll get another one in before Glory? Wish I could do 2 a year but we're not close to ports like you guys. Hurry with that review:D

Well as a Floridan who swims 3x a week in 82 degree heated pool, I found the water temps "cool" - 78 degrees to be exact but once in and moving everything was fine. No one else sailing had trouble with the water temps either.

We were in cabin M65 - ocean view and we loved being on Main deck, very quiet.

Personally though I prefer the newer larger ships, I got really spoiled last year sailing on Glory with a balcony!

All the Fantasy ships I've sailed, Inspiration twice, Imagination, Sensation and Elation are laid out the same, you can get around with your eyes closed. I definitely saw the difference between Fantasy class and whatever class Glory is. It was still a wonderful cruise and HMC and GT are definitely NOT TO BE MISSED.

Gypsyrose.........be sure and visit Margaritaville, we had a BLAST! The beach day at HMC was OUTSTANDING, to have the crew coming buy "cold beer".........it was just heaven.

www.lifewithgaryandsusan.shutterfly.com/action

see if this link works to our Elations photos!:)

Archived