Senior Discount

I was checking the RCCL website as usual for any price drops and noticed they have a senior discount for our April Explorer cruise. I booked through a TA. My husband is over 55. Will we be able to get this discount? Final payment is due next week. I wrote an email to my TA tonite and I'm sure she is out of the office and won't answer until tomorrow morning, just wondering if I should get excited or not.

Thanks.

It depends on your TA, but you should be able to get the discount, if it is still available in the morning especially since you are before final payment. I've gotten a few price drops in the last few weeks that specifically said for new bookings only with no questions asked.

They can also refuse to give it to you if you paid less for your cabin category.

I had a coupon from C&A applied and my Platinum discount applied to my cruise at the time the senior discount came out. They would not give me the senior discount because I already had the other two and they said my cabin was already a much lower price.

Regarding the senior discount...I just had a disagreement with O----, over their lowest price guarantee. Anyway, I learned how to do a "Print Screen Shot" of the page you are viewing on the web, so if you find a lower price on RCCL....

Open up your Word program, minimize. Hit CTRL key+ ALT key + PRINT SCREEN key, to copy the price page from your web browser. Open Word and place your cursor, use PASTE or (CTRL V). You can also paste the screen shot into e-mails to send to your TA.

I'm sure tons of people already know this. I knew the print screen was there, I just didn't know how to use it. It is a handy feature for price drop "proof" . It was very helpful to learn it when a little price dispute arose. :D

We made our final payment a month ago.Our TA called today and and informed us that a senior discount was added to our sailing and that our credit card would be credited $400..........................Frank:)

I was checking the RCCL website as usual for any price drops and noticed they have a senior discount for our April Explorer cruise. I booked through a TA. My husband is over 55. Will we be able to get this discount? Final payment is due next week. I wrote an email to my TA tonite and I'm sure she is out of the office and won't answer until tomorrow morning, just wondering if I should get excited or not.

Thanks.

As long as your TA calls before it is gone off the website you should get it.

I just got a senior discount for my mom (she is 64). The great thing about the discount is if one person in a room is a senior, the WHOLE ROOM is discounted for the senior rate.

I called RCI, and this is what I was told - I was very surprised but thankful for our own drop in price.

Oh and although I'm not at final payment DATE, I have already fully paid for the trip and still received the discount.

I hope you get to your TA soon b/c our posting only lasted 2-3 days then it was gone.

I wonder if we'll get the discount now....we already have a discount applied because RCCL cancelled our original cruise and we rebooked this one at the original rate which was lower, and I have a platinum discount applied. But, the senior rate still comes out less.

I can hope. My fingers AND toes are crossed now. :rolleyes:

Hi Alexis.....(your Holiday Inn Jamaica pal).....

I have been surfing the other lines, just looking...

Wow....the Residence Sea looks great....wish I could afford it.

I just saw that in the Cruise Travel magazine. Now that is the way to retire. ;)

Do you think they have "crab races on board." :D

They can also refuse to give it to you if you paid less for your cabin category.

I had a coupon from C&A applied and my Platinum discount applied to my cruise at the time the senior discount came out. They would not give me the senior discount because I already had the other two and they said my cabin was already a much lower price.

That's not my experience. I had Platinum discount and then a price drop and then another price drop and then senior citizen rate.... I got all of the discounts. If this has happened to you recently, call and get someone else on the phone.

That's not my experience. I had Platinum discount and then a price drop and then another price drop and then senior citizen rate.... I got all of the discounts. If this has happened to you recently, call and get someone else on the phone.

My cabin price dropped down to about $760 per person after the C&A coupon and the Platinum discounts were applied to my booking price.

The price of the cabin had gone up after I booked. When the senior discount came out, it was now well over $1000.00 + dollars.

My cabin price was already cheaper, without the senior discount, then the people would pay with it.

It was refused more times than once. ;)

EDIT:

I finally found my old sheet. We had also gotten a $53.00 price drop each before the prices went up.

My cabin price dropped down to about $760 per person after the C&A coupon and the Platinum discounts were applied to my booking price.

The price of the cabin had gone up after I booked. When the senior discount came out, it was now well over $1000.00 + dollars.

My cabin price was already cheaper, without the senior discount, then the people would pay with it.

It was refused more times than once. ;)

EDIT:

I finally found my old sheet. We had also gotten a $53.00 price drop each before the prices went up.

HI Alexis. Thanks for the explanation. I understand what happened in your case. For us, the staterooms kept getting lower and lower in price, so if they had refused us, we could have rebooked at the lower price. :)

Archived