FOS Self-Debarkation

I'm told self-debarkation starts at 6:30, but when's the LATEST one can self-debark?

I have an 11:30AM flight out of Fort Lauderdale and don't want to get caught up in the nightmare that is usually regular debarkation; however, if I walk off the boat at 6:30 or 7, I'll be at the airport too early.

Hence the question...how late can I self-debark?

I have not cruised on the FOS yet. But I will be in Oct. 2007. I was told the self emarking starts at 6am and you must do it before any colors are called. I think by 6:30 am. I have a flight at 10:20 and plan on being the 1st in line to self embark.

Just got off the Freedom last month. In the room, they left the self-carry option paperwork in the room. It stated b/w 6-6:30 am. HOWEVER--I was standing in line at guest relations for an unrelated reason and the woman in front of me as asking about this and I could not help but overhear.

The purser told her that she could self-disembark anytime b/w 6:00/6:30 and 10:00. I was happy to hear that, and we ended up walking off the ship with our stuff at 9:30ish after a decent breakfast and no rush. Flame away, but this is straight from the horses mouth that I heard it. I saw several others doing the same thing. Really, what are they going to do after the fact anyway, slap your hand and say oh no, you were supposed to carry your stuff 2 hours ago? And then do what? There is nothing they CAN do. It was easy and convenient and we were traveling with a couple of SLOW older folks.

We used it on the 9/17 sailing and got off the ship at 9:30. We left our bags in our room and got a leisurely breakfast then took our time getting off. Our room steward was really great and told us to take our time.

It was the easist debarkation I've ever had.

The purser told her that she could self-disembark anytime b/w 6:00/6:30 and 10:00. I was happy to hear that, and we ended up walking off the ship with our stuff at 9:30ish after a decent breakfast and no rush. Flame away, but this is straight from the horses mouth that I heard it. I saw several others doing the same thing. Really, what are they going to do after the fact anyway, slap your hand and say oh no, you were supposed to carry your stuff 2 hours ago? And then do what? There is nothing they CAN do. It was easy and convenient and we were traveling with a couple of SLOW older folks.

They should have denied you the opportunity to disembark and forced you to stay on for another cruise, at their expense of course.

Archived