Radiance vs. Navigator ???

ckl

Hello everyone :)

My husband & I do hope to be first time cruisers. I am quite sensitive to motion . Just as an example, we took a boat trip to Molokini Island off the coast of Maui and I was the only passenger throwing up. But after last year's trip to Italy with Trafalgar Tours (driving around Sorrento, Amalfi coast and a boat excursion to Isle of Capri) wearing motion sickness bracelets and feeling fine afterwards, we are now looking forward to go cruising. Those motion sickness bracelets are miracle workers for sure.

Would someone please enlighten me about cruising on Radiance vs. Navigator. The itinerary on Radiance is better for us this time.

My question is for anyone who has cruised on both ships:

Since Radiance is lighter (around 90,000 tons vs Navigator's 138,000 tons), does it mean it is rockier???

Please, please, I need some enlightenment on this as booking on both ships are going fast :confused:

Thank you so much and I am looking forward to any replies.:)

Take care

Both are extremely large ships and handle the waves really well. The thing is if you do encounter rocky seas, it's going to be bad on either ship no matter what.

Me personal preference would be for the Radiance.

Since you are prone to motion sickness, you should make sure you start taking seasick medicine in advance. I take meclizine (generic bonine) which I get from my doctor. I take half a pill each morning and night, starting the night before I step on the cruise.

Other things that can help with motion sickness: ginger candies, make sure to keep your stomach full at all times, eat green apples, go to a low, outside deck where you can see the horizon.

Both are extremely large ships and handle the waves really well. The thing is if you do encounter rocky seas, it's going to be bad on either ship no matter what.

Me personal preference would be for the Radiance.

Since you are prone to motion sickness, you should make sure you start taking seasick medicine in advance. I take meclizine (generic bonine) which I get from my doctor. I take half a pill each morning and night, starting the night before I step on the cruise.

Other things that can help with motion sickness: ginger candies, make sure to keep your stomach full at all times, eat green apples, go to a low, outside deck where you can see the horizon.

Hello Wrona :)

Thank you very much for your reply.

You are quite a seasoned cruiser so it was such a relief to hear that you prefer Radiance as my husband & I are booked to sail her in March.

I have been using this very helpful website to research for ways to battle motion sickness. Your suggestion "to keep your stomach full at all times, eat green apples" are my favourites ;)

Again, thank you Wrona. You are priceless.

Take care.

Lita

Archived