Best snorkeling beach

carol&jeff

We'd love to get this information too! Is there such a thing as a scenic beach with great snorkeling that is a reasonable cab ride from the port?

We've read about Kontiki and Mambo beach and are considering them, but are unsure of the quality of the snorkeling there.

• 2 weeks later...

Curaçao is considered one of the top snorkel/dive islands, because of it's formation. Basically you can snorkel/dive the whole south coast(+ 34 miles).

The coast line with it's secluded bay's, gives a big variety of options to beginners snorkelers to professional divers. You can snorkel from some feet of water or dive 300 feet just 50 feet from shore and all the spots are different even when you just hop the the next site/beach!

That is why I always recommend, to those that love to snorkel, to rent a car and "hop" the sites, you will get more value for your money!

Although not all sites are represented (yet) please check out:

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/ABC/Curacao/index.htm

Henry"Leo"Plaate

Rent-A-Guide

Cel.:567-6654

• 3 years later...
Hi we are professional Snorkelers...We don't want to see dead beaten down reefs. :) Any sugestions by Taxi Curacao? (safe place) We will be traveling on the Grand Princess. Kerriann

Blue Bay has some really good snorkeling.

Porto Marie is good also...but you must go left only at Porto Marie for snorkeling. not much to the right.

But I spent one weekend only snorkeling and at Playa Lagun. It is a small beach with high cliffs on both sides and some great sealife creatures on both sides. If a fisherman comes in, and you are there, be close to the area as all sorts of sea life show up to eat...including but not limited to turtles and moray's..........really cool. Takes a little longer to get here, but it is wonderful for Professional Snorkelers.

There is good snorkeling at West Punt (Westpoint!), they have a big reef called Alice in Wonderland. some Great diving there also.

Thanks Cool! I got the picture! :) I heard the "Mushroom Coral Garden," is Kewl. Would I see this at Alice and Wonderland there? ...Would it be better to go by boat to see the places you mentioned? How long of a drive is it to the places you mentioned from Cruise ships? Thanks so much for your help. GB

Thanks Cool! I got the picture! :) I heard the "Mushroom Coral Garden," is Kewl. Would I see this at Alice and Wonderland there? ...Would it be better to go by boat to see the places you mentioned? How long of a drive is it to the places you mentioned from Cruise ships? Thanks so much for your help. GB

Honestly, I only took 2 boat trips out and they were to dive. The mushroom forest is awesome, but I cannot tell ya what it would be like to snorkel above it............. Mushroom forest is a dive spot only accessible by boat. That answer is probably for someone else who has snorkeled it. It is expensive to take a boat out in Curacao, and I even got Residents rates!! and it was expensive at that. I don't regret it at all, but the diving and snorkeling is awesome just off shore of most of the beaches, which is where I spent 90% of my time, when not working.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for posting the photos. This beach sounds great. Do you remember the cos by Taxi to get there (there are two of us). Also, does the entrance fee include chairs and an umbrella or is that extra?

Taxi was $10/pp each way and the entrance fee was $10 for both of us and included chairs. I don't think there was umbrellas but there were open palapas and lots of areas under the shade of some trees and bushes.

Archived