Caught HAL with a little mistake

u4ea

Hello all, HAL has some conflicting info on it’s web site with the Noordam deck plans. Being a poor boy, I bought cheapest inside for my sailing and got assigned to cabin 7131. (BTW feel free to send me money or bon voyage gifts, actually, just the money.;) I guess now I‘m a cyber beggar. :rolleyes:) I’m sure this is an inside, and I don’t mind at all. Here are the two documents that show my cabin in two different locations, but both say Noordam deck plan.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/fleet/next/no_rt.pdf

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/fleet/current/no_rt.pdf

I emailed HAL today to see if they care, but mainly so it doesn’t mess up other cruisers. :cool:

Anyway, Bon Voyage, and thanks too all. There is definitely a good vibe here with the HAL CC community. When I return, I will give some comments from my obscure perspective. :eek::cool:

Mark…

Very interesting, Mark, that big eye of yours really does see all!:) It's not even just in a different location, there's an entirely different category between one deckplan and the other. I wonder where 7131 actually will be on the ship once you board? Maybe it's a mobile room? ;) Please let us know what transpires!

BON VOYAGE!

Karin

I think I'm going nuts..The first time I hiT the two URL's I saw the difference, but now when I click on both URL's can't find 7131 at all..

Also now when I click on both URL's they actually come up as the same exact URL...Try it again & look closely at the site...It looks like one in the same to me..Maybe your e-mail stirred them up & they are now working on correcting it...Good luck & have a good trip..Betty

I'd say the first link is the right one. It's dated 1/15/06 and reflects the actual changes made to Noordam. The second link is dated 4/15/05 and appears to be the standard deck plan shared by the other Vista class ships.

I do agree, though, that HAL should not have both deck plans out there now since one of them is not accurate and will only cause confusion and disappointment if someone looks at the wrong plans.

Tricia, you are correct, and I just got an email from HAL confirming that, and they are going to correct the mistake. They spoke some kind words to me and thanked me, but I think they should at least buy me a drink:p

Thanks all,

Mark...

Tricia, you are correct, and I just got an email from HAL confirming that, and they are going to correct the mistake. They spoke some kind words to me and thanked me, but I think they should at least buy me a drink:p

Thanks all,

Mark...

Yes, they should, or at least a little OBC (onboard credit)!! Just think of all the complaining posts that we might have had to read here if you hadn't caught their "little mistake"!;)

Karin

Archived