Which side of the Majesty faces the port in Charleston?

Arwenmark

Since I know that it is not always the Port side, anyone tell me which side faces the port when they are docked in Charleston SC?

Also does anyone know where the King Charles Inn is in relation to the port?

Can you see ships from there? etc.

Meeting street is a couple of blocks from the water (Cruise terminal is actually on Concord street), but if your hotel has a rooftop bar or somthing of the sort, you could definitely see the ship when you wake up in the morning. I stayed at the Vendue Inn over on Vendue Range rd. before my cruise on the Majesty and remember waking up the morning of the cruise and going to the Rooftop bar so I can see the Majesty sitting proudly in port.

What wonderful Majesty pictures--THANK YOU!! I'm sitting at work dreaming of my Feb 10 Majesty trip and I can't tell you how excited your photos make me! Any tips you can give about the trip? Something you'd recomend in port?

We went one day early to spend time in Charleston. Wear very comfortable walking shoes, because walking around and studying the architecture and shopping is great. There are so many old building you can go into. There is one museum, I can't remember the name, but it's like the city museum, that you should go into, even if you don't go through the whole museum. I guess it's the store part, but there are very interesting old pictures and history of Charleston.

We were very fortunate because the weather was in the mid 70's the weekend we left Charleston (in early January). So we sat outside when we ate dinner. We could see the ship from our hotel which was Holiday Inn Riverview. But we were not close to the ship. We found out later we could have stayed in historical downtown for about the same price.

We got lost driving around at night looking for a Wal-Mart, but it was an adventure, and we finally resorted to using the gps and got right to one. I don't know where in the world we were, but we had quite the time looking for it.

If you are planning on driving to the docks, it'll cost you $105, but you'll be parked indoors. You can read my review about it. We have done both, meaning driving to the docks and doing a stay/park at a hotel and having them shuttle you in. If money is not a big issue, I would park at the docks again. We were on the road to home much faster. Not sure if that is a good thing.

Shay

There is also the open air market stalls just a couple of blocks from the ship (That's where I took pic #3). They have a candy shop just kittycorner from there, well, be careful, because I got some good candy, and then I got on the Majesty, and the crew wanted to whisk us in to LUNCH! That's another thing I loved about the Majesty. Small, intimate ship, and the crew was very, very friendly.

Enjoy your trip, LGC. I'm just a little jealous that I have to wait until November! :(

There is also the open air market stalls just a couple of blocks from the ship (That's where I took pic #3). They have a candy shop just kittycorner from there, well, be careful, because I got some good candy, and then I got on the Majesty, and the crew wanted to whisk us in to LUNCH! That's another thing I loved about the Majesty. Small, intimate ship, and the crew was very, very friendly.

Enjoy your trip, LGC. I'm just a little jealous that I have to wait until November! :(

I just got off the Majesty yesterday. The "right" side faces the town. The ship docks right in front of the Customs House which I believe is on Market. I do not know where the Inn you mention is located. The cruise went very well except bad weather kept us from going to Key West.

Archived