NCL vs RC vs ????

OSUBuckly

Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are trying to plan an Alaskan cruise for Summer of 2008. But I have no idea which cruise line would be best for us! The two leaders seem to be Royal Caribbean (on the Serenade or Radiance) or NCL (the Pearl looks nice). From what I've gathered, NCL is more the "mature" crowd and RC is a bit on the younger, hipper side. We are in our mid-twenties and would like to meet some people our age to hang out with.

However, NCL visits Glacier Bay while RC doesn't. And NCL has that interesting dinning idea. Can anybody else think of some other basic differences between them? We've never been to Alaska before so we aren't to picky on the ports. However, we would like some fun, adventurous shore excursions. What else should we be on the lookout for?

Also, I'm not completely committed to either NCL or RC. If anybody has any other ideas on what cruise line might be best, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

k...i'll bite.

i like NCL freestyle for alaska. the fact that they have a "cafe" dining area (blue lagoon) for the quick hot snack when you get back from your excursions. (chili, hamburgers, pound cake, cookies). also the fact that i didn't have to rush to make a certain dinner time. we were on the NCL star last sept...it has 2 main dining rooms, buffet, a couple of others with no surcharge..just that could keep me busy for the whole week. did not have to pack any ties, dinner jackets or dresses...that's a big YEAH!!

glacier bay is wonderful:D and the ship was NOT full of grey hairs in motorized scooters!! it was a mixed lot...but you do see less 20 something's, at least the ones that want sun and parties.

Archived