Food Poisoning on the Pride?

Islandmon

Someone we know that lives in San Diego said she heard something about food poisoning on the Pride this week, is there any truth to that rumour? Has anyone else heard anything or is this a false rumour?

Thanks!:confused:

Someone we know that lives in San Diego said she heard something about food poisoning on the Pride this week, is there any truth to that rumour? Has anyone else heard anything or is this a false rumour?

Are you sure it wasn't Norovirus?

....actually, I wasn't assuming anything, only the middle man relaying the story that I had heard and that was the term used.....

I'm hoping it's false, but just trying to find out if anyone else heard about it.

....actually, I wasn't assuming anything, only the middle man relaying the story that I had heard and that was the term used.....

I'm hoping it's false, but just trying to find out if anyone else heard about it.

I wasn't talking about you, i was taking about people in general, It'wasn't you that started the rumor but someone did, probably without knowing the facts.

...dat's life mon. The world is full of irresponsible folks....

I see everything as the glass is half full and don't worry about negativity, life is too short.

Besides, from what I heard after inquiring on other boards, I think this particular irresponsible rumour had to do with the QM2 that had problems this week I believe....

So...no worries mon....be happy. :D

if you look on the CDC health inspection web site you can view all the reported incidents. There is nothing on the Pride. if it simply was a case of food poisoning - that rarely effect enough people to raise a red flag. Statistics show that even the nor virus has a MUCH HIGHER incident of occurrence on land based environments - than on cruise ships.

Besides, from what I heard after inquiring on other boards, I think this particular irresponsible rumour had to do with the QM2 that had problems this week I believe....

You might be thinking of the QE2 that had a report of Norovirus on the first leg of it's 108 day world cruise... of course it made the news here because they love to try to make it a cruise thing... :(

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/16536906.htm

Now this brings me to a question...I went to the CDC site and found it very interesting...Carnival shows to have the least reports of Norovirus or any sort of outbreaks for at least the last 3 years...why is it that when Norovirus hit the Liberty in November it was such a huge deal all over the news and what not? I mean I am sitting here reading and see that there are so many reports for RCCL, HAL, Celebrity, and Princess....there was nothing plastered on the news for all of that, nothing was ever said on the news that there were oubreaks 5 times within 2006 for HAL or 9 times within 2006 for RCCL... So the one time that it happens in 2006 on a Carnival Cruise it has to be known everywhere..because of that my DH almost made me cancel our cruise...good thing we didn't plan it with one of the other lines. Honestly makes me think twice about ever wanting to sail with them at all if this is the case....seems a little unsanitary to me.

Now this brings me to a question...I went to the CDC site and found it very interesting...Carnival shows to have the least reports of Norovirus or any sort of outbreaks for at least the last 3 years...why is it that when Norovirus hit the Liberty in November it was such a huge deal all over the news and what not? I mean I am sitting here reading and see that there are so many reports for RCCL, HAL, Celebrity, and Princess....there was nothing plastered on the news for all of that, nothing was ever said on the news that there were oubreaks 5 times within 2006 for HAL or 9 times within 2006 for RCCL... So the one time that it happens in 2006 on a Carnival Cruise it has to be known everywhere..because of that my DH almost made me cancel our cruise...good thing we didn't plan it with one of the other lines. Honestly makes me think twice about ever wanting to sail with them at all if this is the case....seems a little unsanitary to me.

It isn't the ships that are unsanitary, it is the passengers. I think that the outbreak on the Liberty was in the news because it was such a large outbreak and if the information that I have read is accurate, then it was caused by passengers boarding the ship even though they knew that they had the illness.

If you check the sanitary inspection scores for these ships, usually they are quite good. Unfortunately, people continue to not report their symptoms and not wash their hands thoroughly and often.

I don't think it matters what ship or cruiseline you choose, there is always the possibility of people contracting the virus just like there is on land.

I wonder why the second someone gets sick on a ship, they automatically assume it's food poisoning.

One person boards the ship sick and the virus could run wild.

I tend to agree that it was probably Norovirus.

I wonder why the second people get sick on a ship, others assume its norvirus. :confused: It could be sooooo many other things.

DH almost made me cancel our cruise...good thing we didn't plan it with one of the other lines. Honestly makes me think twice about ever wanting to sail with them at all if this is the case....seems a little unsanitary to me.

Best time to avoid an outbreak that has happened on a cruise is just after they have made a big deal over it. Im betting afterwards that is the cleanest cruise ship that day!

Exactly how nasty rumors get started.

Irresponsible!

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Does the Pride go to Mexico? Someone probebly ate bad food or drank "the" water in port and got sick from that:eek:

....great reporting? It was an inquiry, not a report....which is what I thought these boards were about...people helping other people out with information. I asked a question MrPete, that's all....plus I pointed out that it was a rumour that I was trying to find out if it was true or not.

Calm down, it's okay. You'll be fine. Besides, CNN news is all depressing anyway....you probably did the right thing.

:D

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

ROFLAO!

i think the reason the liberty was such a big story (i was on that cruise) is because it was the largest outbreak ever coupled with the 'glamor' of being a transatlantic.

Because the media has their claws in Carnival and has for a while now, so any little thing that happens, they will make a huge deal of it.

Archived