Snorkling Woes

trixie belle

The last time I snorkled was in Cancun and we did it from boats. I'm a plus sized person and had a hard time climbing back into the motor boat. If I go on a snorkling excursion, can I expect the same thing or do the boats have a ladder to climb back into the boat.

The last time I snorkled was in Cancun and we did it from boats. I'm a plus sized person and had a hard time climbing back into the motor boat. If I go on a snorkling excursion, can I expect the same thing or do the boats have a ladder to climb back into the boat.

all of the snorkeling excursions i've been on from boats have had easy ladders or wide flat steps to get in and out of the water,, plus the crew has always been there to give a hand helping you out...enjoy!!!

look for the trps that are catamarans they have stairwells at the bow of the boat and are very easy to get back on. also do ask for help, most crews are very helpful, my mom is also a plus sized woman and has trouble walking, she too is going to snorkle i advised her of the same

Trixie Belle - I am also a fluffy person and love to snorkel. As stated above, we usually go on catamaran excursions. I also look at pictures on the websites of the private operators to see what their boats look like. I have never had a problem w/ getting back onto a boat.

What islands are you going to, and with whom are you thinking of booking? Maybe looking at the individual ports of call boards will help you out.

Have fun planning, and have a great cruise.

Archived