Roll Call Caribbean Princess March 4, 2007

cjm61

I will be just getting off the ship on the RSVP cruise as you are boarding. Too bad you are not sailing with us, especially after the great deals that RSVP has been offering.

I would like to request you post anything you hear on your cruise concerning the RSVP cruise the week before.

It might be interesting if the crew makes any comments as to what it was like...good or bad.

I sailed on an NCL ship the cruise after an Atlantis cruise...the bar tender not knowing I was gay gabbed on and on as to how horrible it was. How everyone was after him....how horrible the passengers were etc.

I'd be curious to hear if there are any left over attitudes either good or bad after we leave.

Enjoy your cruise, Princess always does a great job.

Thanks for the reply. I knew about the RSVP trip the week before, but their pricing was astronomical. I got a much better deal for the week after. I actually avoided the RSVP week because I had heard so many negative things about the all "gay" cruises from friends and cruise line staff. I really wanted to go on a relaxing vacation and I did not see anything relaxing about a ship full of 3000 gay men and women :-) Let's face it, they can be a handful. I hope you have a great trip. Will let you know the residual effect RSVP had on the ship and crew when I return.

Hello from Chicago! I posted a month or so back the same roll call but noone replied! I was just going back into the board to see if there were any replies and I saw your new post!! Excellent!

I am on the same ship with my best friend Dawn. I know there are two other guys from Chicago on our ship from the Roll Call Board, but I don't think they have checked in on this board yet.

Dawn and I are looking for fun people to hang with and have a few cocktails with (imagine that?). We'd love to do a meet and greet on board. Let me know.

See you soon.

Shannon

Christopher,

I just went on roll call and saw you there. Read that you are 45 and alone on the cruise. I am sure, not for long ;) Just to fill you in, Dawn and I are singles too. I am a FOD, she is the best friend of a FOD (me). We cruise/vacation together often. Last cruise was in Nov (my 40'th bday cruise) and we had a really tough time finding people our age to hang out with (HAL was the line, older crowd and all couples). So, we really hope we can hook up and hang out. I saw some girls from Canada on the roll call and the two guys from Chicago are a couple in their late 40's. I keep waiting for them (the Chicago guys) to respond to my posting on here. Hopefully they will soon. In any case, I hope we meet at the roll call meet and greet.

See you soon,

Shannon

Hey Shannon,

I saw the same as you did on the roll call. I'm actually travelling alone as my partner of almost 17 yrs does not like the water. My younger sister who is divorced is possibly thinking of joining me, but being a single mom, it's tough for her to get away some times. Never the less, I'm looking forward to meeting you all. The reason there will be so few of us is RSVP has the ship chartered the week before. All the "family" members are most likely on that sailing, but I don't care. I just enjoy cruising.

Christopher,

My apologies to your partner! 17 years-good for you. How can he not like the water? My water loving brain just can't understand it!

I hope your sister makes it. More fun for you, more fun for all of us.

We look forward to meeting you!

Shannon

Shannon,

I can't understand his fear or dislike of the water either. He has this Titanic thing going on. He thinks he was one of the passengers in his past life. Oh well, he doesn't know what he's missing, but the nice thing about it is he does not stop me from going. He stays at home and takes care of our 10 yr old italian greyhound. Saves me money on the kennel costs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Christopher.

We are getting closer and I cannot wait. We are in the middle of a record breaking cold snap in Chicago, with more snow on the way this week. I am so ready for this winter to be over!

Where is everybody else? Starting to wonder...

See you soon,

Shannon

Guess it's just you, me and the guys... Oh well...I'm still excited anyway. We're getting the snow tomorrow night thru Wednesday. I don't even care... I only have our trip on my mind and I'm busting to go. I am so in need of a cruise right now. Before you know it, we'll be there. 19 days and counting. Hooray!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Christopher!

Just days away now. I see your sis is joining-excellent. The Chicago boys dropped out so it really is just us! We just booked a day sail/snorkle in St. John and I am reserving a car to tool around St. Martin (I love it there-don't want to chain myself to an organized tour). Cannot wait. I am so OVER the snow and cold this winter, I can't even begin to tell you. I look forward to meeting you and sis. Dawn and I will be at the meet and greet after the muster drill, at the Outrigger bar. See you there!

Shannon

3 days and a wakeup! I'm getting too excited and have accomplished nothing yet. :-) We've had it with the snow and ice as well. It finally started to warm up. Hit the mid 40's today. Can you imagine? I'm actually so desperate for warmth I now consider 40 warm? Go figure. Anyway, we look forward to meeting you both on Sunday. We're getting rain Friday and Saturday, but Sunday is supposed to be good. We'll be at the Meet & Greet after Muster. Safe Travels and we'll see you "real" soon. :-)

You guys are going to have fun on the Caribbean Princess. I was on her 2 weeks ago and there were 2 GLBT meetings. The first one didn't go well due to the location so a 2nd one was set up. The 2 young women that run the GLBT's (Kristi and Lauren) are from Australia but not family...at least not yet. They both are 22 and one already divorced.

My partner and I had a blast and met several couples and singles. The all gay cruise wasn't for us and we picked a week where there would not be many rug rats running around. You may experience more kids due to the spring break time tables around the country.

I hope the RSVP clients were nice to the crew. There are many stunning looking men and women working on the ship so everyone will get to fancy someone! Ha!

Elena (hope I spelled that correctly) at Crooners Bar makes a mean drink compared to the other bars. She's from Romania and interesting to talk to. She appreciates a tip and will remember you the rest of the cruise.

Wishing we were headed out again. Don't forget to post your experiences either during or after you return. Doug at the internet cafe isn't the most exciting computer geek (good looking but has that programmer personality) but he will get you set up.

Bon Voyage!

Thanks Schusize,

We'll make sure we post after we return. Thank you for the well wishes. I'm excited about the trip and can definitely understand what you may be feeling now. The worst part of a cruise is when it ends and those post cruise blues are the worst. Talk to you week after next.

Archived