Caribbean Princess lounges

laura-in-boston

I have not been on her yet, so can't be specific to CB. But the obvious thing is that the happening place late night is Skywalkers. On Diamond, Club Fusion was active after dinner up until about midnight...especially if they were doing something like karaoke.

If you want to download the Caribbean Princess (CB) bar guide (along with lots of other great info on the ship) go to: www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com

Great site run by a member here.

Just got off CB,what info. are looking for?

Thanks. I'd love to know which bar brews real coffee, not the syrup stuff. Also, which bar is the wine and caviar bar? We're sailing on the CB in July.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good bars and lounges onboard Caribbean Princess?

Been on the CB three times and going two more times this year. It really depends on what you’re looking for in a lounge. Quite and cozy, upbeat, live music, magic or comedian shows, dancing and so on. Which type are you looking for?

Matt is right about the CruisingTheCaribbean.com site. Another great personal site with several reviews of the CB including pictures and videos is LifeIsCruising.com . Chris is a wealth of knowledge and it was his review that got me to try the aft balcony cabins, which I now book whenever I can.

Don - members of our group were asking me what I thought the best pre-dinner lounge was... since I have not been on CB, I have no idea (though I imagine it is one of the ones near the main restaurants)... any suggestions?

Thanks for the lifeiscruising link!

Don - members of our group were asking me what I thought the best pre-dinner lounge was... since I have not been on CB, I have no idea (though I imagine it is one of the ones near the main restaurants)... any suggestions?

Thanks for the lifeiscruising link!

I cut and pasted some info I had on some of the lounges. They are listed from forward to aft and the seating is shown in parentheses. Before dinner, even the larger lounges such as Explorer and Club Fusion are usually pretty laid back, since the evening shows and activities haven’t started yet.

Churchill’s (43): A Sports bar is also your place to buy and try a fine cigar, cognac or brandy. On the walls sports memorabilia compete with widescreen, high-definition monitors; upside down and above is pool table, complete with balls and cues. Direct satellite feeds keep the sports action here current and exiting. Churchill’s is secreted just aft of the Princess Theater.

Crooner’s Bar (53) and the Lobby Bar (40): both open onto the atrium. This puts them at the hub of things, particularly at nighttime when the ship’s activities shift indoors. Crooner’s is a classic 1960’s style martini bar based on the Las Vegas “Rat Pack” era serving a specialty drink menu of more than 50 martini varieties. It’s also serves as a comfortable piano bar in the evenings and when Bert Stratton is playing, its standing room only. The Lobby Bar located at the entrance to the Island (traditional) Dinning Room is an excellent location to have a before dinner cocktail.

Explorer’s Lounge (292): The room successfully combines African themes with Egyptian. Stepped levels provide improved sight lines for the comedy and magic acts that take place here as well as the Art Auctions.

Wheelhouse Bar (103): The theme here is decidedly nautical. Clustered seating areas with deep-cushioned sofas and high-back chairs provide for exceptionally easy conversation. Throughout the room are interesting murals, photos, models and other seagoing memorabilia. Also within this room is an inviting bar, a small stage perfect for big-band combos and a spacious dance floor perfect for ballroom dancing.

Club Fusion (382): This spacious, multi-tiered venue serves as a dance club, theater and gaming room fused into one. It’s seriously high-tech with widescreen, high definition monitors throughout, a spectacular sound and light systems and video poker tables, too!

Skywalker’s Nightclub (186): By day it’s the best seat in town for the views. By night, it’s the place for live DJ’s and upbeat sounds perched 150 feet above the sea!

For outdoor refreshment and fun – and at night – maybe a view of the moon and the stars, Caribbean Princess offers the secluded, aft-facing Outrigger Bar; and the in-the-action Tradewinds, Chill Out, Blackbeard’s and Morgan’s Bar.

We were on the CB over Christmas week. Right now, until the beginning of April I think, there is a duo called Chocolat in the Wheelhouse - they are FANTASTIC - jazz and bossa/samba standards and also great arrangements of some recent tunes. Great guitarist, great singer. In 7 cruises with Princess, we thought they were far and away the best jazz we've heard. Not for dancing really, more for listening but a great place to relax. I know the virtual brickbats will start flying in my direction, but we thought that Bret Stratton was highly over-rated. But obviously a lot of people love him. Just not our thing. If you like jazz, go see Chocolat - they are only on a four-month contract, then they go for an extended gig in a hotel in Tokyo.

Archived