Cruise Delayed Medical Emergency Splendour

lonig

I just got a call from Royal Caribbean advising there was a medical emergency on the Splendour and we are delayed to board until 3:00 pm. They are issuing a $20 OBC per person for the delay. We will not sail until 7:00 pm according to the representative.

Another cruiser on the January 29th cruise was told we would be leaving at 8:00 pm - keeps getting later. The last time this happened at the Galveston port the ship did not leave until almost midnight - certainly hope we leave earlier than that. Means we will be late getting into Cozumel and will spend less time there, bummer.

Another cruiser on the January 29th cruise was told we would be leaving at 8:00 pm - keeps getting later. The last time this happened at the Galveston port the ship did not leave until almost midnight - certainly hope we leave earlier than that. Means we will be late getting into Cozumel and will spend less time there, bummer.

Not necessarily. Normal cruising speed is around 19 knots. When they run behind, they kick the speed up to make up for lost time. We're currently travelling at 25 knots (captain mentioned at the reception that Splendour is the fastest ship in the fleet!). We have a head wind so we're going somewhat slower than that, but it means you'll have a tailwind and will be going faster.

Do let us know what time you get into Cozumel on Wednesday.

I was on the last one that was delayed by medical emergency (December), but I was coming in so we had the extra day. Too bad it seems it's the 4-day cruises that seem to be delayed/shortened. The Splendour is a very fast ship and we were going flat out so they may make up time heading to Cozumel. Seems like they had open seating dinner that 1st night. Good luck, sorry for the delay.

Well it's 12:15p and there is still no shipin sight! We were able to check our luggage at noon and will have to come back later to check in. We were given tickets w/ group numbers so that check in will be more organized (I HOPE)? The hotel (Harbor House) is letting us stay until 1pm. Then they are kicking us out. Just waiting for a ship to sail by so I can get on it.

Well it's 12:15p and there is still no shipin sight! We were able to check our luggage at noon and will have to come back later to check in. We were given tickets w/ group numbers so that check in will be more organized (I HOPE)? The hotel (Harbor House) is letting us stay until 1pm. Then they are kicking us out. Just waiting for a ship to sail by so I can get on it.

Good luck, I'll turn on the harbor cam and watch with you.

It was 4:00 when we got in, but you don't want to hear that. We had to turn around late, we were already 6 hours out of Mexico b4 going back, hopefully they weren't as far out for this emergency.

BTW-didn't you originally switch from another sailing to this one? Bad break, but don't gamble this week.;)

There she is......

Looks like about 6 hours late. Could have been worse. People were camped in the lobby last time, but it unloaded pretty quick. Looks like they are NOT turning around this time. Guess they will do that when they leave then.

I bet they will be out by 9:00 pm easy. Maybe 8:00. Good luck!:)

Archived