Nassau & Freeport with 3 Yr Old? Suggestions?

mncruiser64

We are sailing on the Carnival Elation on 2/8 with our 3 yr old son. I do not want to leave him on the ship on the port days. We will be in Nassau (only from 7am-2pm) and then in Freeport the 2nd day.

Suggestions for good excursions we could take him on? We like to snorkel but at least the ship sponsored snorkel excursions do not allow you to take children. Do any of the independent companies let you take them with (my DH and I could maybe take turns)?

Any other suggestions for excursions or activities (either independent or ship-sponsored) would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

I think your three year old would love Atlantis. You would have access to all the pools and waterslides as well as being able to see all of the aquariums (my 3 year od DD loves them) as well as the 'Dig' (the newest aquarium there). Besides that you also have the beach right there if you want to hang out there a bit.

I thought I had read you cannot always get a pass to use the Atlantis facility? Even if you can I think I read it is over $80?

Is that really worth it if we are only in Nassau from 7am-2pm? What time does Atlantis open?

Also, do you have to pay to see the Aquarium, and/or the "dig"? (are they one and the same)?

Thank you for the info!

When we went on Elation (I took my 2 and 6 year old) we stayed in Nassau for 2 days, so I booked a night at Atlantis. If I just had to do the pass, I would NOT do it. My kids had the absolute BEST time at Atlantis but they were allowed on the slides and treated like guests. We ran through the dig quickly and it didn't phase them. So if you don't have 2 days there, then the cost isn't worth it.

BUT, in Freeport you can go on the close dolphin encounter through Carnival and Unexso. The do accept 2 year olds.

http://www.unexso.com/

This is me and my 2 year old at Freeport's Dolphin Encounter

[url=http://www.unexso.com/][/url]

Gab-Dolphin.jpg.245717697570ada6d79515a5ce821122.jpg

Well, I used to live on Paradise Island and I have heard of numerous people getting a 'day room'. Yes, you actually pay for a hotel room there for the day and the cost (max of 4 people) is $200 for the day. I don't know how much the cruise lines charge for their Atlantis excursions and how long they are for, but this might be worth it to some people, especially if you are able to use the room to shower and get changed at the end of the day, before returning to the cruise ship.

I thought I had read you cannot always get a pass to use the Atlantis facility? Even if you can I think I read it is over $80?

Is that really worth it if we are only in Nassau from 7am-2pm? What time does Atlantis open?

Also, do you have to pay to see the Aquarium, and/or the "dig"? (are they one and the same)?

Thank you for the info!

I'm sorry, I forgot to answer some of your questions.

Atlantis is basically open 24/7 and by the time you got to Atlantis that morning, the pools would be open already.

For the price you pay, everything ~ pools/slides/beach access/'the dig' aquarium etc. is included.

We went to this hotel in July with our six year old. Lovely calm beach, NO VENDORS!!!, beach toys, paddle boat etc. There are umbrellas and lounges. I think we paid around $10 or $15 per person and they didn't charge anything for our son. It is a very easy walk from the cruise port so you can come and go at your leisure. Next time we go to Nassau we plan on going here again. Yes it lacks a lot of the glamour of the Atlantis, but we just wanted a quiet beach day and that is exactly what we had.

Archived