Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Thanks. So is this a good thing (location of elevators) or a bad thing (noise from elevaors?). This is my frist time on a cruise ship, I am going alone, the cabin was chosen by the travel agent and it was pretty much take it or leave it for an interior cabin.

you wont hear elevator noise- even while waiting you really have to listen for the ding. now if you have rude passengers sailing with you-- thats something different and will hear them no matter where your cabin is located.

but you are far enough away anyways.

its a very convenient location--those aft elevators will take you to the food/pools with hardly any traveling to get there.

Be aware that inside cabins are extremly dark--24 hours a day with no light unless the cabin light is on. Take an alarm clock and use it-- or you could wind up sleeping most of the day away.

you wont hear elevator noise- even while waiting you really have to listen for the ding. now if you have rude passengers sailing with you-- thats something different and will hear them no matter where your cabin is located.

but you are far enough away anyways.

its a very convenient location--those aft elevators will take you to the food/pools with hardly any traveling to get there.

Be aware that inside cabins are extremly dark--24 hours a day with no light unless the cabin light is on. Take an alarm clock and use it-- or you could wind up sleeping most of the day away.

you know so much about cabins what about 8027?

thanks

lior

you know so much about cabins what about 8027?

thanks lior

Lior-- what ships have you sailed and in what category kind of cabin?

I have not sailed on the splendor- but going by the deck plans it looks like you have a M category inside cabin-its 138 sq feet. (small compared to what we are used to.

or me-- i would not book that cabin because

#1- its next to a cabin that holds 4 people-- if its a family with young kids that could be noisy.

#2- whats in the white area next door on the other side? if its a steward area--could be noisy.

#3- under the pool area-- scrapping of chairs is what you may hear.

Lior-- what ships have you sailed and in what category kind of cabin?

I have not sailed on the splendor- but going by the deck plans it looks like you have a M category inside cabin-its 138 sq feet. (small compared to what we are used to.

or me-- i would not book that cabin because

#1- its next to a cabin that holds 4 people-- if its a family with young kids that could be noisy.

#2- whats in the white area next door on the other side? if its a steward area--could be noisy.

#3- under the pool area-- scrapping of chairs is what you may hear.

THANK you,we have to think it over

lior

My DH and I are booked into 1067 on Celebrity Century. Our TA says that will be a great room but after looking at the ship diagram we will be right under the ladies bathroom outside of the dining room and just down from the pool area. Does anyone know anything about this particular location or room?

Barb

My DW and I are sailing the Freedom this Aug. We were booked in a cabin on the Riviera deck but were upgraded to the Spa deck. My question is was this a change for the better and how is the ride up on the 11th deck?

Any replies will be appreciated.

Anyone familiar with the Mariner of the Seas - Cabin 7328 - the last cabin at

the hump/starboard side. Looks like the balcony is at any angle - will it be big

enough for two chairs?? Will our view be partially obstructed by the other "hump" cabins as they curve out more from the ship??

Hi, anyone know, what do you do if you find major problems in a cabin , once you board? Bad mattress, bathroom leaking, ect? What would you do? Going on a 5 day, Canada on Victory in Aug.

you go to the pursers desk and file a complaint.

Suggestion- go with an open mind- looking for a problem you WILL find them.

mattresses have all be redone lately- Carnival ships have the nicest bedding.

Any leaks-- hopefully have been fixed after the last batch of people got off. A cabin steward would have seen it since he is in the cabin a lot.

We has a small problem in May on the Inspiration with the bathroom shower. The shower water would go down the drain but then some would come up the drain on the floor under the sink. At first we thought it was us and the curtain wasn't closed properly. But the second day when we were being watchful it happened again. We notified our awesome cabin steward when we saw him in the hallway and it was fine that night and the next. It did however happen again on the last night! We just put a towel on the floor as it wasn't a ton of water, but more than a little! We just made sure we didn't put anything on the floor!

It was an inconvenience, but really no big deal! We didn't let it bother us! We still has an awesome cruise!:)

I have changed my sisters inside cabin on deck 4 to an inside on deck 7 so she can be near us (balcony hogs) on Vision OTS. Her room sits sideways rather than long. It says square footage is smaller, but does it still give the illusion that its as spacious, considering the door is now on the long wall rather than short wall (where you see the couch and bed immediately in front of you)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't book inside cabin 112 on the Maasdam unless you really enjoy tight spaces. It appears that although most of the inside cabins are 180 sq ft, there are three that come in at around 120 sq ft and 112 is one of them. It is on the Verandah deck so you are surrounded by people with lots of room. We stayed in the stateroom as a recent Canada/New England cruise and found it extremely "cozzy". You really have to like or love the person you are sharing the room with (thankfully I do!). By the way, when the bed is a queen, the door leading to the corrider skims it when opened.

We have book this room and would love to have feedback and photos from you if you have been in it. Is the room bigger than side balcony rooms? The balcony looks bigger. Is it double the size of side balconies? Are there loungers on the balcony or can we get them? Thanks alot.

Hi,

I'm planning a group vacation for my family and these are the rooms that have been booked. The first 3 is a balcony on the upper deck and the last 2 is on the Riveria deck. We have lots of kids going - ranging from 2-12 yrs old). Will the theatre below be a problem and is the riveria going to be okay? All of these people (total of 18 people (sharing quads cause of kids)) are first time cruisers so I don't want to disappoint them.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm planning a group vacation for my family and these are the rooms that have been booked. The first 3 is a balcony on the upper deck and the last 2 is on the Riveria deck. We have lots of kids going - ranging from 2-12 yrs old). Will the theatre below be a problem and is the riveria going to be okay? All of these people (total of 18 people (sharing quads cause of kids)) are first time cruisers so I don't want to disappoint them.

Thanks.

your riveria people will be fine-- there are cabins above them--not the lounge.

personally for me-- your baclonies are too far forward. It will be quite a hike to get to the food/pools/ camps each day. I like to be more clsoer to the aft elevators. for faster traveling.

Now if those kids are gonna be going to be early-- the lounge may be a problem with noise-- everything in the lounge s done by midnight.

Now depending on when your cruise is---- if you can move to the other side=== closer to the aft elevators--- you wont be sorry

Anyone familiar with the Mariner of the Seas - Cabin 7328 - the last cabin at

the hump/starboard side. Looks like the balcony is at any angle - will it be big

enough for two chairs?? Will our view be partially obstructed by the other "hump" cabins as they curve out more from the ship??

This is a lovely cabin. Not much obstruction, but you don't see the front of the ship like you do on the forward part of the "hump" I love the hump cabins. You will have two chairs on your balcony, plus a small table. Enjoy that starboard balcony, they are my faves! (And the Mariner is my fave as well.)

I just thought I chime in this thread. When I was on the Carnival Miracle we got the room "5114" with the "Extended Balcony" no noise from anywhere! This was the first time Ive herd of an "Extended" balcony.. I was like it cant be that much better, but it's well worth it! The view from the blacony was awesome....

1350520181_60651a436e.jpg

we have this room. can anyone tell me anything about it?

thanks!!!

I can't tell you about that room specifically. We were in 6389 before, which is just down the hall and the same type room as yours. We thought it was a great room...watched several sunsets from our balcony.

I can't tell you about that room specifically. We were in 6389 before, which is just down the hall and the same type room as yours. We thought it was a great room...watched several sunsets from our balcony.

Thank you!! I can't wait to watch the sunsets and just relax on the balcony:)

We have cabin 6427 on the Carnival Splendor. I noticed there is a lot of "white space" across the hall. I assume it's storage for the crew. We were recently on the Carnival Freedom which has the same layout, but I didn't pay attention to what was in that space because we had an aft cabin. Is this cabin in a good place or is it going to be noisy. Not much else to choose from on the starboard side and we like the aft area, so I hope it's OK. Thanks.