Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Serene56 - thanks for the reply. No this isn't my first cruise - I just wasn't paying attention this time - too much other life going on! We've done this itinerary several times so I opted for the inside to use the extra $ spa treatments. What is this portable sound machine you're talking about? How successful are people in getting upgrades at the port?

Upgrades at the pier? not at all- 99.99% of every sailing is sold out before you will leave. If that many rooms are still available it will be offered to locals for port and taxes.

Sound machine is a small box that plays sounds to mask outside noises, Like a fan, we play the rain fall and it sounds just like a fan.

I dont see why carnival wont move you with that much availabilty. If you stay on the same deck-- it wont cost you at all. If you go down one deck then they owe you--lol

Upgrades at the pier? not at all- 99.99% of every sailing is sold out before you will leave. If that many rooms are still available it will be offered to locals for port and taxes.

Sound machine is a small box that plays sounds to mask outside noises, Like a fan, we play the rain fall and it sounds just like a fan.

I dont see why carnival wont move you with that much availabilty. If you stay on the same deck-- it wont cost you at all. If you go down one deck then they owe you--lol

Thanks for your insight - I'll look into moving now...

tiny room, useless window

when we complained about being upgraded to this room (on a b2b) and got no joy from the pursers desk, we sent a letter to Princess. This was their reply:

"Your stateroom is listed as having the bed against the wall, with entrance on one side only." - never have I ever read any room description like that-

As for the "unobstrusted view" - "that is determined by what is seen through the window of the stateroom when looking straight ahead from inside the door of the accommodations."

We also had to deal with the noise of the anchor chains and bow thrusters but that comes with the location - the size and useless window were the surprise.

I have booked this balcony cabin ..anyone been in this one or near it and any info would be great

its the first extended balcony on your row- when standing at the rail there will be a wall to your right. the people in the reg balcony cabin that is next to you will be able to peek around into your balcony.

141228938zamWwn_th.jpg

We are booked on the Miracle, cabin 5221 in February for our 30th Anniversary and was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is a good cabin.

Thanks

Irish :cool:

5221 is a regular cat 8 cabin-pics you seeonline will show you what the cabin looks like. the balcony will be narrow.

Hi Folks,

I will be on the Golden Princess in October 2009 in Cabin Baja B635 and my brother is B639. These are balcony cabins. Are either obstructed and are these decent cabins from noise.

My friends are in Cabins Aloha A719 underneath the Horizon 24 hour cafe. Does anyone know if this is a bad cabin? Noisewise.

Thanks for your comments.

Debi

Hi hope you can help! This is our first ever cruise and although I have tried to search, can't find this cabin. We booked a guaranteed K cabin on Plaza, and have been allocated the above. Our TA says it is an very good upgrade? We have no idea, having never cruised before. I also have no idea what the white area means next to the cabin when I look on the deck plan.

Could you give your thoughts? Thank you:)

Recently had this cabin, & the curtain in the shower stall did not fit properly. As a result, we had a wet carpet at the entrance for 12 nights. I had plumbing look at it to make sure it was not something that could be fixed, he said no, it was the curtain.

However, on this huge ship, there was not one replacement curtain available. Hopefully they have it fixed by now; it was aggravating to say the least.

Hi hope you can help! This is our first ever cruise and although I have tried to search, can't find this cabin. We booked a guaranteed K cabin on Plaza, and have been allocated the above. Our TA says it is an very good upgrade? We have no idea, having never cruised before. I also have no idea what the white area means next to the cabin when I look on the deck plan.

Could you give your thoughts? Thank you:)

I found it on cruisestateroom.com. It's an inside on Aloha deck, but you probably already knew that. It is hard to find, and hard to explain where it is. Imagine you're getting off the panoramic elevator on Aloha deck. Turn left. At the corridor, turn left again. It's the third door on your left, and it goes longways to the ship instead of side to side. And it's under the pool area. You're probably better off there, since a K on Plaza deck would be under the Princess Theater.

I hope this helps. :)

we were able to upgrade during the one day sale to Empress deck 7372 from Upper deck 6315, any opinions?

Good for Carnival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware of upgrading with Celebrity!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to upgrade the other day (for an Oct 5th sailing) when I saw reduced prices on their website, for all their balcony rooms, only to be told this was a special one day sale for new passengers only. Their website and all other cruise websites that I checked showed the price reduction. None stated it was a special sale---

I spoke with my TA, then reservations and a supervisor with Celebrity, followed by customer service and the resolutions dept at their corporate level, but was refused the upgrade at the advertised price by everyone. In order for ME, a prepaid customer, to upgrade, they would charge me an additional $700 per person over their reduced advertised price for a balcony of $1599-----

According to their website, passengers may upgrade at any time at prevailing rates------. Apparently, that's not true!!!!!!!

I'm very disappointed with Celebrity, and I haven't even cruised with them yet!

I did file a complaint with the Florida State Attorney's Office, because I believe they are using deceptive advertising practices.

Katron (Kathy)

Ok, so I see this thread is 40 pages long, so forgive me if I repeat a question that has already been asked (not reading all 40 pages), but anyone have the dirt on cabins 6452, 7440, 8448 aft wrap on Carnival Freedom or 8442 extended balcony? 6452 is above a lounge, but not directly above the stage. The deck plans actually show "nothing" directly below this particular cabin, but not sure if this is really the case. I really want the aft wrap, but I know those are hard to come by, so I could live with an extended balcony (looks larger than standard balconies) if I have to. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!