Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

After my first cruise flying in the same day of the cruise and what a mess-- I would NEVER tell someone to fly in the same day.

BUT this cruise we are taking in March-- we are flying out the same day at 8:00 and i cant tell you how stressed I am about that.

but hotels were an arm /a leg and a few toes== and airfare that night before was too high. ( i could fly to aruba cheaper then it cost to go to FLL this weekend)

and if you were gonna cruise on the Freedom this day-- I would ask you to book my grand daughter in your cabin so we can take her with us-- and you wouldnt have to pay single supplement

Serene56, thank you so much by that offer. I would have jumped at the chance if we had time. I hope you don't mind but I just sent you a friend request. You're soo lucky you have about 2 weeks to go. When you see my band please give Enrique a big kiss and hi for me. (lol) Tell him it's from Mary Ann from NY and you know me from Cruise Critic. He'll know. I'm just a liittle upset that they seem to put them along the hallway and not in a lounge. It seems to me that they did much better on the Miracle. They played in Frankie and Johnnies all the time. If you want to, go to YouTube and look them up. We downloaded a few videos. One good one you must listen to is Music Boardwalk "Freebird4". It's called freedbird 1, 2 and 3 and 4. My friend downloaded in parts because its long. Also there's The Wall. I also have downloaded. I've seen this group 3xs and I can't say enough about them. There's also a cute story behind me and Enrique.

He's a special friend. Mary49

Serene56, thank you so much by that offer. I would have jumped at the chance if we had time. I hope you don't mind but I just sent you a friend request. You're soo lucky you have about 2 weeks to go. When you see my band please give Enrique a big kiss and hi for me. (lol) Tell him it's from Mary Ann from NY and you know me from Cruise Critic. He'll know. I'm just a liittle upset that they seem to put them along the hallway and not in a lounge. It seems to me that they did much better on the Miracle. They played in Frankie and Johnnies all the time. If you want to, go to YouTube and look them up. We downloaded a few videos. One good one you must listen to is Music Boardwalk "Freebird4". It's called freedbird 1, 2 and 3 and 4. My friend downloaded in parts because its long. Also there's The Wall. I also have downloaded. I've seen this group 3xs and I can't say enough about them. There's also a cute story behind me and Enrique.

He's a special friend. Mary49

My email is serene56@aol.com

We are sailing on the Ruby Princess out of FLL February 2011 if interested in booking my GD in a room with you.

Would anyone be willing to post a pic of a quad balcony cabin on the Ecstasy? Wondering how much room there actually is for four people.

Thanks!

we did 5 people in an inside cabin on Sensation- (sister to the Ecstasy(

It is quite doable.

But make sure you have a true quad room--just not a room that holds 4 people because you could get a roll away which takes up a lot of space.

You will keep the beds that are on the floor-- seperated and UNDER the upper beds which will give you much needed floor space to move around.

2049548570095049190ycftjk_th.jpg

as you see-- if you put the beds together you will have no room to move about. The upper beds will be above these beds

2328182640096977293cGRYUV_th.jpg

Edited by serene56

6440 on the Carnival Victory. This room is directly above the drum set in the lounge below. Wonderful Aft balcony and if you plan to stay awake until 1 am, please book it. If you want to sleep before that, stay away, far away. Our floor vibrated. We complained every night, documented everything and were mostly fairly compensated by Carnival. Was somewhat frustrated cuz I told them I would switch rooms, they said they were full, but found out on the last day they had rooms just didn't think I would want to give up my back balcony. Should have given me the option. But it still was a wonderful cruise and I have no regrets, planning to book it again next year, just will be more careful about room selection, and will not again believe the Carnval Personal about noise in room.

Deck 7 balconies have an overhang over the lifeboats directly below so you can't see the water. No big deal. But it is quite surprising to be enjoying a private moment on your balcony and become startled as a hatch in the overhang opens and a crew member comes up through it! I'm sure being on deck 7 at all creates potential to have a crew member climbing around outside while washing windows or whatever, but 7122 had the hatch right out front too.

I wouldn't book it again as I enjoy the privacy a balcony normally affords me.

I just got off of serenade of the seas and had room 7122. I was a little worried about it before I left after reading this review. The hatch was in front of my room but its not a big deal. I never saw it open nor did I ever see any crew walking around on the life boat overhang. I looked up from outside on deck 4 and this hatch is not somewhere crew would normally go, and probably just there in the event of an emergency as it looks to be life boat related. This was my 10th cruise but this was my first with RCI. I was suprised to see how well maintained the ship was given its age. It was in as good or better condition than some brand new ships that I have been on. I was overall happy with the cruise across the board.

Information or even better pictures of Ruby Princess's E721. It is the first minisuite on the starboard side at the rear. It is above the Fusion nightclub but the opposite cnr to the bandstand so should be insulated from some of the noise. I know it has a covered balcony but unsure of the size. We will have my wife and I as well as our 2 children in this cabin. I traded in 2 oceanview rooms midships on emerald deck for this mini suite.

Hope I have done the right thing.......

Any opinions

Edited by stingau

Information or even better pictures of Ruby Princess's E721. It is the first minisuite on the starboard side at the rear. It is above the Fusion nightclub but the opposite cnr to the bandstand so should be insulated from some of the noise. I know it has a covered balcony but unsure of the size. We will have my wife and I as well as our 2 children in this cabin. I traded in 2 oceanview rooms midships on emerald deck for this mini suite.

Hope I have done the right thing.......

Any opinions

You are correct with the insulation- you wont hear noise from the club below. We had E731

How old are the kids?

You gave up two rooms for one bigger room- the "other" room will be the sitting/sleeping area for the kids. 2 tv's so when you are watching something the kids can watch their stuff. (also- out of the way while you are getting ready for dinner.

You are correct with the insulation- you wont hear noise from the club below. We had E731

How old are the kids?

You gave up two rooms for one bigger room- the "other" room will be the sitting/sleeping area for the kids. 2 tv's so when you are watching something the kids can watch their stuff. (also- out of the way while you are getting ready for dinner.

Our children are 12 and 8

For those folks who are sailing on Princess...On their website you can do some research. You can see deck plans, and exactly where your stateroom is at before you even get on the ship. This is a really nice feature, I'm not sure if the other lines offer this.

ALL cruiselines offer this. Its a good idea to check deck plans so you kinda know your way around before you get onboard.

Serene56, are you packed yet? Have a blast. Mary49

Not at all- not one stitch is packed- not even ready.

I spent the last 3 days in the hospital because I thought i was having a heart attack. Seems when we had all that snow and I was shoveling, shoveling and shoveling-- i hurt my muscles in my chest and when my heart beats faster it hits the bruised muscles.

Never will I wait til the last minute to get stuff done again. :eek:

Hi everybody. I read a lot regarding cabins under the pool (lido deck) and I need help deciding which cabin to book. The cabins available are verandah 8306 (first choice so far), 8317, 8321, 8322, 8325,8329 & 8331.

Other options, not under the pool and still on budget, riviera 1387, 1269, 1404, 1408, 1411, 1417, 1418, 1427.

Price diference $140 per cabin. Should I give up an upper floor to avoid noise or maybe we'll be ok with 8306? Note: those are automatic up grades given by carnival to past guests. If we want something different I see the price goes up.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Not at all- not one stitch is packed- not even ready.

I spent the last 3 days in the hospital because I thought i was having a heart attack. Seems when we had all that snow and I was shoveling, shoveling and shoveling-- i hurt my muscles in my chest and when my heart beats faster it hits the bruised muscles.

Never will I wait til the last minute to get stuff done again. :eek:

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you are feeling better and you will definitely need this cruise to relax. Hopefully we are done with all that snow. Mary49

Hi everybody. I read a lot regarding cabins under the pool (lido deck) and I need help deciding which cabin to book. The cabins available are verandah 8306 (first choice so far), 8317, 8321, 8322, 8325,8329 & 8331.

Other options, not under the pool and still on budget, riviera 1387, 1269, 1404, 1408, 1411, 1417, 1418, 1427.

Price diference $140 per cabin. Should I give up an upper floor to avoid noise or maybe we'll be ok with 8306? Note: those are automatic up grades given by carnival to past guests. If we want something different I see the price goes up.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

8306 is far enough away from the pool area= you shouldnt gt noise from there. 8317 is too smack dab in the middle. 8331 is right under a bar area.

have you considered the rooms across the front of the ship which have windows but the price is for an inside cabin?

1404 is next to a connecting cabin which holds 4 people. If these 4 people are unruly kids---- go up one more deck to the main deck and see 2431 same category.