Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

We are taking a cruise with about 40 people in April.

anyone know how this room is? It says that it is obstructed with ocean view but a deck in between. The booking person says it is a very secluded deck.?

is this where everyone peers into your room all the time? it is at the very front end of the boat, right below and above other cabins.

thanks

We are taking a cruise with about 40 people in April.

anyone know how this room is? It says that it is obstructed with ocean view but a deck in between. The booking person says it is a very secluded deck.?

is this where everyone peers into your room all the time? it is at the very front end of the boat, right below and above other cabins.

thanks

Your obstuction will be a wall. while in the cabin you wont see water-- only this wall- The deck is opened to the public, but very few people know its there for their use. the doors are located onboth sides--on the side of the ship - people can not see the doors from the hall- thats

why they dont know its there

Hope someone can help?

We've sailed RoS before, but not on the higher decks.

8058 is virtually under a whirlpool in the Solarium and I wondered if there is much noise? Looks good for no bars, dining rooms, pool deck, etc above or below,. just walkway above the balcony, I guess?

Could probably get one a bit further aft, but this position looks good for distance to and from the elevators (noise and walking) etc and is not too far back.

We are taking our first family cruise in March and I am wondering if it's worth the additional money to be on the Empress Deck instead of the Upper Deck? It seems like there are so many variables! Also, any cabins to avoid on the Fantasy would be great to know.

Thank you!

We are taking our first family cruise in March and I am wondering if it's worth the additional money to be on the Empress Deck instead of the Upper Deck? It seems like there are so many variables! Also, any cabins to avoid on the Fantasy would be great to know.

Thank you!

how much are you talking to upgrade to the empress deck.

Variable?? yes there are toms.

when you are looking at the deck plans-- chose cabins that are above and below cabin space and away from public areas. AVOID at all costs being under the galley. Avoid being above or below stage areas of lounges- avoid being under the pool area. (being under the buffet or dining area is fine as these are carpet areas and you wont get noise from there.

You didnt say what type of cabin you are looking at or how many will be in each cabin.

also - sailing in March- what choices do you have thats left- March is prime time sailing season

Edited by serene56

how much are you talking to upgrade to the empress deck.

Variable?? yes there are toms.

when you are looking at the deck plans-- chose cabins that are above and below cabin space and away from public areas. AVOID at all costs being under the galley. Avoid being above or below stage areas of lounges- avoid being under the pool area. (being under the buffet or dining area is fine as these are carpet areas and you wont get noise from there.

You didnt say what type of cabin you are looking at or how many will be in each cabin.

also - sailing in March- what choices do you have thats left- March is prime time sailing season

Thanks for your response. We are a family of 4, with 2 teenagers, so I think we need 2 cabins, next to each other but not necessarily adjoining. Ocean view 6D or 6E.

It looks like the Empress cabin choices are E126 & E128 or E129 & E131, which all appear to be under the galley, so I guess those are out!

The Upper cabin choices are U62, U64, U66, or U61, U63, U65 or U145, U149, all of which appear to be above and under other cabins.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your response. We are a family of 4, with 2 teenagers, so I think we need 2 cabins, next to each other but not necessarily adjoining. Ocean view 6D or 6E.

It looks like the Empress cabin choices are E126 & E128 or E129 & E131, which all appear to be under the galley, so I guess those are out!

The Upper cabin choices are U62, U64, U66, or U61, U63, U65 or U145, U149, all of which appear to be above and under other cabins.

Any thoughts?

I like the higher numbers- as close to the aft elevators which puts you in close proximity of pools/foods.

We have done 5 of us to an inside cabin- quite doable at a savings of over 700.00 another cruise we booked a balcony with an inside across the hall and only paid a 200 difference.

yep-looked at the deck plans and I prefer

U145, U149

I like the higher numbers- as close to the aft elevators which puts you in close proximity of pools/foods.

We have done 5 of us to an inside cabin- quite doable at a savings of over 700.00 another cruise we booked a balcony with an inside across the hall and only paid a 200 difference.

yep-looked at the deck plans and I prefer

U145, U149

All right then! Thanks again for your expertise!

Sorry this is a repeat but i realized this is a better place to post the question.

We booked a Balcony Guarantee for our upcoming (march 7) cruise on the Carnival Legend and are assigned Room 5116.

We are both first time cruisers so I am a little worried being so far forward might make us sea sick, and that tghe noice from Follies might be bothersome.

Anyone have any feedback on this (or any close-by) cabins?

Sorry this is a repeat but i realized this is a better place to post the question.

We booked a Balcony Guarantee for our upcoming (march 7) cruise on the Carnival Legend and are assigned Room 5116.

We are both first time cruisers so I am a little worried being so far forward might make us sea sick, and that tghe noice from Follies might be bothersome.

Anyone have any feedback on this (or any close-by) cabins?

If worried about seasickness or having a cabin that may get noise booking a guarantee is not for you.

With that being said-- if you dont get sick riding amusment rides or sick while riding a car your chances of getting sick are extremly low. (now that could change if you hit rough waters.

You wont get noise from the Follies-

If worried about seasickness or having a cabin that may get noise booking a guarantee is not for you.

With that being said-- if you dont get sick riding amusment rides or sick while riding a car your chances of getting sick are extremly low. (now that could change if you hit rough waters.

You wont get noise from the Follies-

THANKS!

Hopefully we will be OK as we BOTH love amusement park rides LOL We were OK booking a guarantee because we figured we would just pay to upgrade if we were put somewhere that we didn't like. In this case, however, we just weren't sure about our assignment - it seems like a nice room, just had a couple of concerns.

I think we'll stay where we are!

Hello its me again! Planning another cruise and I am looking at the Victory (Carnival) How are the 1A staterooms? I know both are bunks, but I was looking at cabin 2202 in particular?

Thanks!! Renee

Thought I would post again, any one know much about these?

This room is very convenient to the main elevators but when trying to nap in the afternoon we realized that all you can hear is the dinging of the elevator and the foot traffic to and from. Also it's right across the hall from the pantry so we had to listen to the clattering of dishes and other noises.

This is a repeat question - Does anyone know anything about Royal Princess cabin 8090? It appears to be under the Buffet, will that be a problem? Appreciate any help.:confused:

We actually have that room booked for a 2/21/2011 sailing please let me know how it is, or if you have heard anything. Thanks :-)

I am hoping to book the British Isles transatlantic for 2011, hoping the same itinerary that goes from FLL to Glasgow, Dublin, Cork & Harwich will be offered next spring (2011). This year it is on the Grand Princess, assuming this is the ship that will be sailing this route in 2011 - any tips on ideal cabins? Princess looks to run more expensive than Celebrity & especially Carnival, so I don't know if I'll be able to swing a balcony cabin. Sad, with all those sea days!

Serene56 are you a treasure trove of knowledge on Princess too? I am wondering if there are any cabins on this ship like on the Carnival spirit - where you get an extremely obstructed balcony but it is classified as an inside. Or any other better cabin for a relative bargain, that would book up quickly. Those insides look smaller than any cabin I've been in so far.

WE have been buying ginger pills from the health food store for years. It does the trick for us. Last year we cruised almost through a hurricane. We were fine but our tablemates were getting seasick. Gave them some of our ginger pills and they returned to the dining room 15 minutes later and said there stomachs were back to normal. You might give them a try.

This is so very good to know! I'll be getting some this weekend. Thanks!

Serene56 are you a treasure trove of knowledge on Princess too? I am wondering if there are any cabins on this ship like on the Carnival spirit - where you get an extremely obstructed balcony but it is classified as an inside. Or any other better cabin for a relative bargain, that would book up quickly. Those insides look smaller than any cabin I've been in so far.

Carnival ships-- I know like theback of my hand- Princess-- I am learning.

For inside cabins I have no idea-

Balconies- the best is a BB on the CAribe deck on the corner- it shares with only one neighbor and it feels so private.

Mini Suite

Emerald deck-- the last one aft

Dolphin deck-- the last one aft-- but its exposed to the people above

We have booked this room on the Carnival Legend it is a handicap room. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this room and what you thought of it?

There are better handicapped cabins - chck out the one across the hall 8234.

Did you need an accessible cabin? if not you take the chance of being moved-