Mass Times at Catholic Churches on Cozumel?

In the Pink

I've been searching all evening, and I finally did find a site that listed the addresses of the 3 Catholic churches, but nowhere have I been able to find the mass times. We are going to be there on Monday, so I would like to at least attend a daily mass, since we'll be at sea on Sunday. I even checked 1800masstimes.org which does list the weekend masses for all the churches, but no daily masses. Does anybody else have any clues?

On our spring break cruise on the Carnival Miracle in 2005 there must have been a Catholic priest onboard as a guest as there was a daily mass listed everyday in the Carnival Capers. (Their daily list of activities). Maybe you will get lucky and they will offer at least Sunday mass while you are at sea. Is there any chance you can catch a vigil mass on Saturday while in port ? Is there any way you could contact the churches via telephone to ask about daily mass times? Can we assume that if a non-weekend daily mass is offered in a Catholic church in Cozumel that it will be celebrated first thing in the morning ? Good Luck.

On our spring break cruise on the Carnival Miracle in 2005 there must have been a Catholic priest onboard as a guest as there was a daily mass listed everyday in the Carnival Capers. /QUOTE]

That would be nice; I have checked with RCCL, though, and was told they are now only having priests on board for Christmas and Easter.

Is there any chance you can catch a vigil mass on Saturday while in port ?

No, we're sailing Saturday morning, and Monday in Cozumel is our first port.

Is there any way you could contact the churches via telephone to ask about daily mass times? Can we assume that if a non-weekend daily mass is offered in a Catholic church in Cozumel that it will be celebrated first thing in the morning ? Good Luck.

I do have their telephone numbers, so I'll either do that or just blow it off. I really didn't think it would be this difficult to find out about mass in a predominantly Catholic country!

Thanks for your suggestions, though.

My mother (and her sisters) will be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks. The port day is a Sunday. She is VERY concerned about missing Mass. Knowing her, it will put a huge damper on her trip to miss Sunday Mass (she is just one of those types).

I hope to give her some guidance, but, like the OP don't yet have an answer.

I would think the mass would be in Spanish. If I did not speak Spanish I really would not want to go.

I would check with the cruise line and see if they will have a Priest onboard.

Our last Celebrity cruise there was a Priest onboard and he not only had Sunday masses but daily also.

I would think the mass would be in Spanish. If I did not speak Spanish I really would not want to go.

Well, I (vaguely) remember when mass was in Latin, so that's not a big deal. The thing that's neat about the mass is, the mass is the mass is the mass, no matter where you are or what language it's in. In fact, I think it will be "culturally enlightening" to attend mass in a foreign country.

I would check with the cruise line and see if they will have a Priest onboard.

I did; RCCL now only has priests onboard for Easter and Christmas :(

We went to mass when we were in Puerto Vallarta once and found it to be really neat. We could definitely follow it and everyone was very friendly to us before and after. It is one of our cool memories from that trip.

Well, this will be too late for the OP, but for future reference here's a link to the most accessible church to cruisers. It's in the downtown square, on 10th ave, 2 blocks up from the ocean. http://www.corosanmiguel.4t.com/custom.html

Their mass times will be too early or too late for most cruisers though....:(

Archived