Electronic Docs and GTY room

jltnova

I just booked 2/25 AOS with an inside GTY room (got a great deal and couldn't pass it up. I have a few questions.

1) I opted for edocs and I printed out the PDF - it says I'll get my luggage tags at the pier. Has anyone done this before?

2) Since I have a GTY room is there anyway I'll know my room number before we get to the pier. Docs say it will be made at the pier.

3) Is it possible to pay and upgrade the cabin if there is availability closer to the date of the sailing - I just didn't want to commit to it yesterday when I booked but if there is any more price drops I might consider it.

All of this was booked online with RCI.

Thanks,

Jen

Just took my son and GF along in your situation, so here's what I know:

1. we had enough extra tags so just let the luggage come to our room. However, I understand you can get blank tags form the porters. Might want to be ready with a good sharpy pen.

2. keep checking your reservation with the RC website. My son's cabin was assigned within 2 days of the reservation, and from what I've read here, the cabin number is almost always available ahead of time on the website.

3. once you know your cabin location (wait till then,you may have already gotten an upgrade) you always have the option to call RC and apply your money to a more expensive cabin. BTW, two things - know exactly what the current price is on the website; for some reason the phone agents sometimes act like they can't find the website price till you stand firm. Second, even our onboard cruise consultant told me that RC will not adjust costs after the final payment date. However, I've called them on cruises I've seen gone down even a week before sailing, and they usually act like I'm wrong about the price, but when I don't take no for an answer, and say its right there on the website, they make the adjustment.

Hi,

We were on a carnival cruise some years ago and had port check in. The porters can check a manifest and get your room # and give you appropriate tags for the bags. A nice tip was appriciated for doing this. We than went inside the terminal to finish up our paperwork.

Archived