Port of Los Angeles, San Pedro

We are trying to brainstorm what is the best way to get around before and after our Mexican Rivera cruise on the Vision of the Seas. We are flying in the day before our cruise and will be staying at the Westin in Long Beach. However there are no airport shuttles to the hotel or are there any hotel shuttles to the dock.

How expensive and reliable are taxi's? Is there any other recommended mode of transportation? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have even thought about renting a car, but don't know that they have a drop off at the dock. Very different than when we have always sailed out of Port Canaveral or Ft. Lauderdale. They seem very accomodating to get passengers to and from.

Thanks in advance for your great ideas!!:)

We have stayed at the Westin prior to catching the Vision of the Seas for a Mexican Riviera cruise.........

You are only about 7 miles from the pier. Suggest you take a taxi. This is what we did and I believe the cost was around $30........but very easy to have them hail a cab for you and you get there when you want..........

We are renting a car from Enterprise for the weekend before our cruise. There is a $25 drop off fee. There is an after hours drop off at the Crowne Plaza hotel in San Pedro and for $5 they will shuttle you right to the port. I am taking everyone else to the port and dropping them off with all of the luggage then returning the car and taking the shuttle to the port. Check online they were running some specials for less than $25 per day picking up at LAX for a full size car. Hope this helps

We flew into LAX on Saturday and rented a car from Avis to use on Sat and Sun morning. I dropped everyone else + luggage off at pier and then dropped the car off at the downtown Long Beach Avis office (it is open on Sundays). There is no drop charge. I then took a taxi back to the pier which cost $18 plus tip....

Since we were flying home on Sunday, we took Prime Time shuttle from the pier back to LAX.

This worked out well for us because I get an Avis corporate discount.

Archived