Don't get mad but this is OT

Ships R Great

Maybe not OT, really, because Ken Jennings was a big topic of conversation during trivia games on the Century this month. Does anyone have an idea as to how they keep the audience from letting the cat out of the bag prematurely? I know the winners forfeit $$$$ if they tell but what about those in the studio audience? And the crew, for that matter? I can see The Star paying big bucks to find out when, or if, Jennings ever loses.

we could never get mad at you! I know that the show is now on hiatus and they did announce that he had won up through all the shows taped. So he will be coming back whenever the new season starts. Heard that on something like Entertainment Tonight just the other day! :)

They announced on Fri. (July23) Jeopardy show, that Ken would be back in six weeks...after reruns. Ken would start the new season.

I love Jeopardy almost as much as trivia on a Celebrity ship!!

That man is amazing! My son-in-law has taken the Jeopardy test a few times and passed but hasn't been called yet. He's due to take it again soon (you have to take it yearly) and he's got his eye on that guy to dethrone him!! :)

I guess since he hasn't lost yet, it has not been an issue. But, I'm sure once he loses the information will get out quickly - don't see how they can stop it. My understanding is that they start taping for the new season on 8/9, so as long as we don't hear anything, it's probably safe to assume that he keeps winning. That was the speculation until last week and they were right...

Ships R Great - jeopardy.com was doing daily updates (it was fairly late morning East Coast time before the previous night's results were posted) on Ken this past season, so maybe they will continue once the new season starts. But who knows, maybe with the shows being taped almost a month ahead of time, the cat may be out of the bag by then...

Hey,
I worked for some television shows, not game shows, however, but 1 reality show (with an audience) and a talk show. They could have the audience agree to sign a confidentiality agreement which states they cannot discuss the outcome of the show before the airdate. Usually a absurdly high fee of $1M must be paid if something is spoken. Some people have the false pretense that if they do it, they will NOT get caught. Don't fall victum. The entertainment business is very small, and it will get back to you, as a co-worker of mine discussed the outcome of a contest on the talk show i worked out, news leaked, all the sources said he was "annonymus" 2 days later they found out who it was and he was fired.

If not the confidenitality agreement (which I have personally signed many!) then nothing else, let them talk. But i'd bet $50 thats what they are doing.

Bobby, i hope you are right. I would hate to find out in advance. That would take the fun out of watching. I am a BIG, BIG Redskins fan but if I know 6the outcome of the game beforehand I won't watch a replay of a game I might have missed.

Archived