Connecting cabins

paulista1950

I forgot to mention I was refering to the QM2. Has anyone been in one? How was it?

yes i was in cabin 10025!! noise is an issue even phone calls and normal coversation also smoking is an issue!! also because of the connecting doorway the sofa is much smaller!! try to avoid!!!!

yes i was in cabin 10025!! noise is an issue even phone calls and normal coversation also smoking is an issue!! also because of the connecting doorway the sofa is much smaller!! try to avoid!!!!

I'm astonished that there is such a difference between QE2 and QM2. There is some noise transfer in QE2's adjoining cabins but it isn't an horrendous problem. Most (all?) of her cabins don't have sofas so the size isn't a problem either. Is the issue of adjoining cabins just another way in which QE2 is superior?:D

You can tell if the rooms are connecting on the deck plans. Between two cabins are two arrows facing each other in cabins that connect. www.deluxecruises.com is a website that has each cabin with its amenities and square footage listed for each ship. Though the information is not 100% accurate-categories change, but overall I found it helpful, particularly on the QE2 since almost every cabin is a different size and configuration unlike the QM2 or other newer ships.

I think it also depends on your neighbors and their activities.

For instance, we had an adjoiing one last year. The only times I heard anything was when they had the TV up mid-afternoon. I never heard them coming and going or talking. This was a balcony cabin.

Others have had absolutely horriblesituations. another thing reported was smoking seeping in (or rather smoke smell) if the neighbors were smokers. I woudl say in that instance, probably asking your room steward for an extra towel to wedge under the door would be enough to fix that (I think) as the bottom should be the only place that doesn't have a lip between the two doors.

Maria did experience the sound of a banging door in the empty cabin next door- However, she was on 6 deck. It could have been the resident 6 deck ghost playing games (especially since lights appeared to turn themselves back on after the steward had gone in and turned them off!) <G>

Karie,

who really hasn't had that big of a problem with noise from next door.

Archived