Carnival Legend, Cabin Question

keishashadow

Hi!

We've only cruised once before DCL and loved it; but $$$ is prohibitive! Were able to book a balcony cabin on Carnival Legend this December, 7 nights out of Tampa; for less than a 4 day inside cabin on Wonder.

With a military rate (woo-hoo) have already booked a centrally located balcony on the Main Deck.

Have seen some pics online as to aft cabins, overlooking wake that appear to have an awesome view! Considering upgrading; wonder if it's worth it or not?

Are those 4 cabins' balconies larger than the standard ones? I know the ones on the end are of a curved design...not the one's i'm talking about.

I'm told it's quiet in the back due to the pod propulsion.

Any suggestions are most welcome!:)

Hi!

We've only cruised once before DCL and loved it; but $$$ is prohibitive! Were able to book a balcony cabin on Carnival Legend this December, 7 nights out of Tampa; for less than a 4 day inside cabin on Wonder.

With a military rate (woo-hoo) have already booked a centrally located balcony on the Main Deck.

Have seen some pics online as to aft cabins, overlooking wake that appear to have an awesome view! Considering upgrading; wonder if it's worth it or not?

Are those 4 cabins' balconies larger than the standard ones? I know the ones on the end are of a curved design...not the one's i'm talking about.

We were on the Legend in cabin 5268 in Oct, 2005. Here are some pictures.

http://jjj.dyndns.org/~cruise/cabin5268.html

The only sounds we heard were of the ocean, which after you get used to it, is very sleep inducing!

The 4 aft cabins have balconies that are "extended," but many cabins along both sides have the "extended" balconies as well. We were on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago, and opted for an inside cabin (due to the great price we got), but I really missed the balcony, esp. the AFT balcony! We are going again in March on the Triumph, and have a balcony again (but not an AFT one :( ).

Hope this helps,

GP

Hi!

I definitely don't agree with that statement. When I was on the Legend there was always a loud rumbling noise and vibration at the back of the dining room (which is at the back of the ship). It probably wouldn't be noticeable on a higher deck, though.

From our experience on the Destiny, the back of the ship was wonderfully quiet (don't know about the pod propulsion reason) but I just figured it was because not too many people are back there. Also we were on the Empress Deck which is between 2 decks of cabins.

We'll be on the Legend in April in the back so I can tell ya more about that from there later.

I definitely don't agree with that statement. When I was on the Legend there was always a loud rumbling noise and vibration at the back of the dining room (which is at the back of the ship). It probably wouldn't be noticeable on a higher deck, though.

What we felt in the dining room is NOTHING up in the cabin/balconies on the aft. Have felt the shuddering/ vibrations in the dining room and the cabin has always been quiet

Thanks to all! Esp. guitarplayer for pics!

Called Carnival as able to price of an upgrade, wound up with an AFT cabin AND $133 less payment due:eek:

Evidently, the price has dropped since i originally booked?!?

Regardless, works for me:)

Bizarre...just realized that these pics are the very same ones I found this am in an on-line search...the ones that convinced me to pony-up some more $ for the upgrade.

Carnival should put you on the pay-roll.:cool:

Again, thank you for the inspiration (and the subsequent savings we received...it's a good day in my neighborhood:D)

We were on the Legend in cabin 5268 in Oct, 2005. Here are some pictures.

http://jjj.dyndns.org/~cruise/cabin5268.html

The only sounds we heard were of the ocean, which after you get used to it, is very sleep inducing!

The 4 aft cabins have balconies that are "extended," but many cabins along both sides have the "extended" balconies as well. We were on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago, and opted for an inside cabin (due to the great price we got), but I really missed the balcony, esp. the AFT balcony! We are going again in March on the Triumph, and have a balcony again (but not an AFT one :( ).

Hope this helps,

GP

Bizarre...just realized that these pics are the very same ones I found this am in an on-line search...the ones that convinced me to pony-up some more $ for the upgrade.

Carnival should put you on the pay-roll.:cool:

Again, thank you for the inspiration (and the subsequent savings we received...it's a good day in my neighborhood:D)

What did you put in to search on? Just curious...

Glad to help out a fellow cruiser!

These boards have been so valuable to me for various reasons...glad to give back.

GP

Archived