How do you think Carnival would handle this situation?

SouthernCaribbean

Hope this one goes through:rolleyes:

Let say a large group of passengers 30+ cancel their cruise the day of sailing, due to an emergency. These passengers called Carnival 2 hours before sailing to let them know.

They all have balconies and suites. What would Carnival do with those cabins? Would they allow passengers to upgrade? If people have major issues with their cabin would the staff just move them to the vacant cabins?

I remember reading a thread(might have been on the old boards) where someone waited until the second day and asked if there were any suites available?(I dont remember what they had to pay) The pursers desk told them that a party didnt show up and they could move to that cabin.

So Im wondering have others tried to do that? I know people cancel their cruises last min from time to time. While it wont work at the pier, it might be a good idea to ask on the second day.

I have been on cruises before where as soon as some passangers get on board they head right to the pursers desk and ask if any upgrade is possible. You would have to pay for that upgrade, but if there is a possibility the pursers desk would know, and you would pay for the differance! I personally choose my cabin and therefore am not looking to move. I like my aft balcony!

Archived