Who has ever gotten married on a Carnival Cruise?

FutureTrophyWife

Hi CatgirlNC,

I agree with you on most things. My SO's sister got married right after your brother the same day. The photographer did seem to be a pain in the butt, but all of us became a pain in the butt back. About 4 of us were taking pictures and 1 videotaped the wedding. The newlyweds then looked at all of our pictures before deciding which ones to buy from the photographer. He wanted $3000 for the whole package and $1500 for a much smaller choice. Seemed very expensive to me and the quality wasn't the greatest. The bride was glad we had so many wonderful pictures from all of us and only ordered the ones we seemed to be missing.

Their reception was held in Sam's Piano bar and was absolutely wonderful! Food and service was great! Overall it turned out to be a great experience.

By the way CatgirlNC, I did finally meet your brother and SIL at the Blackjack table and mentioned I talked to you on line. She looked beautiful in her dress. They appeared to be having a great time!

I am getting married on the Miracle on August 23, 2007, and was wondering; if they had the wedding luncheon or the Deluxe package which only offers light snacks? I am planning to do the Deluxe package with the hour and half receptions which incl. the light menu. Can you give me an idea of what to expect?

• 1 month later...

I am looking forward very much to a great cruise / wedding / honeymoon.

Those of you who get married before me ( May 26th ) please share your experience with us.

I'm having trouble finding invitations that go well with the whole theme. If any of you have any ideas/websites/ pictures of the ones you used please let me know! I would appreciate it so much.

I'm doing the deluxe package etc. 1 1/2 hour reception.

I am getting married on the Miracle on August 23, 2007, and was wondering; if they had the wedding luncheon or the Deluxe package which only offers light snacks? I am planning to do the Deluxe package with the hour and half receptions which incl. the light menu. Can you give me an idea of what to expect?

I dont think we were ever offered a luncheon. The delux package included hot and cold horderves with an open bar for 1 1/2 hour reception.

my niece was married on the Carnival Triumph April 3, 2004. The wedding was beautiful. she actually got married before the ship set sail so some of my family could actually come to the wedding and not have to take the cruise. Let me say it is not that they didn't want to take the cruise but had children who needed to get back to school on that Monday.:)

My youngest daughter got married on the Elation last May in Galveston. It was the second marriage for both the bride and groom. My daughter has origionally planned to get married in Dallas and then sail on the Elation for the Honeymoon. She read about having a wedding on the ship before sailing from the Carnival website and decided that is what she wanted to do.

There were 24 guest in the wedding party other than the Bride and Groom of which none sailed with them on this cruise at the Bride's request. Carnival has a wedding coordinator in Galveston that also does the Princess Weddings who does a wonderful job. The wedding coordinator is also the minister that performs the wedding. There were three weddings performed prior to the sailing that day and all were done is different areas of the ship. My daughter's was performed in the Library and the reception was held in one of the lounges. Carnival did a wonderful job with the food and drinks for the reception also.

Carnival provided free parking which was separate from the regular cruise parking and very close to the ship. We were given a special entrance to get into the terminal and a place to wait before boarding which we did around 10:30am.

The bride, groom, and people who participated in the ceremony were let on the ship first. This allowed extra time for a wedding rehearsal in the Library in our case. The other wedding party guest were allowed on around 11am and had free run of the ship to eat lunch and explore the ship. The wedding was performed at 1 pm and the reception was held immediately after the wedding. All of the guest were allowed to stay on the ship until 3pm.

My daughter and her husband liked the photos that were made at the wedding and reception and some events after and purchased many of the pictures. They were also given a disk with the photos they purchased on it so they could make more copies when they got home.

They believe they got their money's worth with the wedding package they chose and it was far less than the wedding and reception my daughter had originally planned in Dallas.

The wedding also provided access to a cruise ship to people who never cruised or had any idea what a cruise ship was like. Everyone that was at the wedding had a great time and many planned a cruise later because of the experience of just being on the ship a short time.

David

My youngest daughter was married on the Carnival Glory. We had both of our daughters get married the same year one in our local church and the other on the Glory. Both we beautiful weddings but I have to say the one on the Glory was much more fun and affordable.

There were 30 who came to the wedding 14 cruised with us and 16 just boarded for the wedding held while we were in port at Port Canaveral. After the wedding EVERYONE was wishing they were going with us! Even an 85 year old grandmother who had never been on any kind of boat in her life! She was so funny, I wish we could have stowed her on board. She never dreamed what the ship could be like.

Carnival did a fantastic job!! We ordered tuxes and flowers thru Carnival and everything was ready and waiting when we arrived as ordered. We brought on our own cake top, personalized napkins, party favors, wedding programs. My favorite was on the program where is said: Reception held immediately following Ceremony

White Heat Lounge

On Promenade Deck Five:D Anna and I both thought that had a nice sound to it!

The service was very nice and the reception was great. The ceremony was held in the Green room and DD choose dresses for the bridesmaids that looked beautiful in there. The reception in White Heat was the best we could ask for... Wee Jimmy was filling in for the DJ what a treat to have him!, the waiters and bar staff were fantastic. We were worried that with an open bar the service would be slow. They keep the drinks flowing fast and were so attentive threw cake cutting and all.

The video done by Carnival has been a family favorite and was great to take home and be able to share the experience with the many were not able to travel to the wedding. I cannot say enough good things about the service from Carnival, our experience is one we ALL will allways remember with a smile.

To all of the upcoming Carnival weddings... I hope you have special days and be sure to enjoy every moment!!

We went to a cousin's daughter's wedding on the Celebration last year. The wedding, reception and pictures were all great. 50 attended the wedding;30 sailed. My dad, a seasoned cruiser at 78, was the oldest and an 11 year nephew of the groom was the youngest. For some it was a first cruise. All had a great time! Congratulations to all the soon-to-be newlyweds! May you have a great wedding and a wonderful new life together!:)

Carnival did a fantastic job!! We ordered tuxes and flowers thru Carnival and everything was ready and waiting when we arrived as ordered. We brought on our own cake top, personalized napkins, party favors, wedding programs. My favorite was on the program where is said: Reception held immediately following Ceremony

White Heat LoungeOn Promenade Deck Five !!

was the program something carnival provided?

I know the flowers-- if real must be ordered through the cruiselines and we can bringour own if they are the silk kind. ALso the real flowers are not allowed to be taken off on the last day.

My brother got married on a Carnival Cruise two years ago. We arranged a group cruise through CCL with the help of a travel agent. We had about 48 people go.

Because of the group, they got their cabin at n/c and we were also allowed two perks. A private cocktail party and a complimentary photo for each cabin is what was chosen. Use of the room for the ceremony was also at n/c.

They "actually" got legally married in the morning at home, but not too many people knew that.

The first morning we all woke up to a invitation slid under a door that included all the events scheduled for the cruise.

The bachelor/bachlorette party was held in the first port and the end of the day, for those who wanted to attend. It was carried through the whole night in the Karoke lounge after we set sail...very fun!

At the first AT SEA day we had the cocktail party, minus the bride. Then we proceeded to the private room (bar) for the actual ceremony. They arranged sound ,or the wedding march and so that my daughter could sing. They also ordered a wedding cake that was $60.00.

We then went to dinner, but didn't see the B&G tilll the next day.

We all did our thing in port and on the next Sea Day we arranged for a group photo in our matching wedding t-shirts.

It was a great wedding and no one knew/cared about the legal date. They still celebrate on the cruise date and always will cause that was the day they celebrated their union, no matter what the paper says.

Good Luck and many happy years forever together

We were married on the Carnival Conquest on August 6, 2006. There were a few snafus but overall we had a blast and would highly recommend it. Just read the Wedding board on this site and be prepared.

Our wedding was in the Gallery and the reception was in Henri's Disco. We had the Deluxe Romance package which was all the hors d'ouevres that our guests could eat and all the alcohol they could drink. :D We had 55 guests (all but 8 non-sailing) and they're all still talking about how pretty and fun it all was- for less than $3k! You can't beat that.

We also had a few "unofficial" guests- I posted on the Roll Call board before our cruise and invited all of the cruise critic members on the ship to stop by our reception if they boarded the ship early enough. We did have a few people take us up on it. One very sweet couple stopped by and toasted with us. Another family came and drank from our open bar but didn't even say hello. :rolleyes:

Here are a few photos- entering our reception, cutting the cake (you can see the photographer, he was a bit pushy but not too bad) and after the ceremony with the flowers that Carnival provided.

Best of luck and have a wonderful wedding!

th_IMG_1078_20.jpg

th_DSCF0148.jpg

th_1p39.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived