Grand Princess Gumbalimba excursion-time to play?

gomomgo

This is our first cruise, so we are a little apprehensive about using a non-cruise tour (maybe next time). Anyway, when they give a time-frame for a tour, e.g. 8:30-11:30 am, what is generally the latest you can get a bus back to the dock? We want to do Gumbalimba and hang out on the beach there for the day, but want a good day's worth. They don't rush you back at 11:30, do they????

I am on the Grand Princess too, April 21st . I want to do the Gumbalimba tour and also want to do the beach thing (snorkel etc.) Our tour time is listed from 10:45-3:45 (with the Canopy zip-line added) but I want to go back as late as possible. Somewhere on these boards I read that they have a bus go back to the ship when it has 15 people or so. If this is true I wonder why a time frame is given? Hopefully someone reading these boards can tell us for sure!

Well, I just contacted Princess and I was told that if the excursion says 8:30-11:30, that's it, you're on your way back at 11:30. Really wanted to do Gumbalimba and hang around for the day. I suppose there's a way to get back on our own--has anyone done this before?

Sorry but what ytou said on the cruise ship for Gumbalimba Park is not accurate. You can get on any bus (pending space of course) when you want. You could in theory be the first ones there and on the last bus that leaves! When they get a full bus, they bring one down. It is not like other destinations where you come and go on the same bus.

Archived