Paradise Beach Tom...couple of questions for you :)

jkhurck

Hi there!

I know you're busy on these boards...hope I'm not bothering you!!

We'll be on RCCL's Explorer of the Seas for our honeymoon, sailing August 15th.

It's my 2nd time to Cozumel and we weren't sure what to do there...until seeing the RAVE reviews about Paradise Beach!! We'll be there on the 19th from 7am until 5pm.

Can you give us any tips about coming to Paradise Beach?? I assume we just catch a cab once we get off the ship? Do you know how much the fare would be for 2 people?

ETA...can you tell me what the weight limit is for the parasailing?

I've very much looking forward to coming to your beach!!!

Thanks for any help you can offer :)

Jackie

No bother...I'm a Cruise Critic junkie :)! Yes, grab a cab at the pier, it should cost $12USD, one way. There's a big board with all the taxi fares posted, but still, make sure you agree on the fare before you take off! The staff gets here at about 9am, but if you're here earlier, no worries, you can hang out on the chairs and play with the watertoys anyway!

The weight limit is 300 lbs...see ya soon!

We will be cruising to Cozumel on Celebrity Galaxy in September and it has been quite a few years since we were there on RCL.

My question is does the ship dock at the pier or do we have to tender between the ship and the pier?

Thank you.

Betty

Thanks Tom!!

My husband-to-be's name is Tom as well... we'll have to look for you and say hi.

Great, no problem with the weight limit!! I'm afraid of heights, so I'm hoping that might cure my fear :) Would you be able to tell me the cost?

Can't wait to see your beach!!!

Paradise Beach Tom: Hope the OP doesn't mind but I have 2 questions to add. Our group of 6 will be at "your" place next Wednesday from the Elation. First, do you have an idea which port we dock at? 2nd: On your website I see something listed as "spacewalker" and it shows a picture of what looks to be a pretty fun contraption for the kiddies (& us fun-loving adults!). I've yet to see anyone mention it though when posting about PB. Do you guys have it there, up and running? And it is listed as another of your many "free" activities, is this so? I plan on eating plenty of fajitas, nachos, and soft drinks in exchange!!!! thanks for the info. :)

Betty - Ships don't have to tender in Cozumel. Galaxy usually arrives at the TMM Interntional Pier.

Hilltops -- Elation will be at Puerta Maya.

Cozumel Insider maintains a listing of where the ships will be each week. And, Travel Notes has a nice little map with some photos of Puerta Maya. I'd trust C.I. for more up-to-date information, because they change it every week.

jkhurck...definitely find me (if I don't find you 1st!) and say hi! Parasailing cost $55USD per ride...hasta la vista!

hilltopfamily...Yup, Puerta Maya and yes, the spacewalker is operational. The cost is only $10USD per ride, not free as was briefly listed on our website. I'll see you wednesday!

NinaCo...thanx for answering and a gentle correction (to borrow CozSally's term!). Ships SOMETIMES have to tender in Cozumel, as in HIGH SEASON we sometimes get more arrivals than our 3 cruise ship piers can handle. Some days we'll get 10 or more cruise ships visiting us...adios!

Archived