Just back from the Freedom

Returned Sunday. My thoughts: Surprised to see same carpet, curtains and bathrooms in the cabins that are on other RCI ships. Same uniforms on crew, same carpet on steps and in hallways - same Windjammer/Jade - same food in dining rooms. Thought with brand new ship there would be a brand new look and taste. This was all just a slight disappointment, no big thing.

Sorrento's Pizza is a great addition. Brasserie 30 in the dining room at lunch was delicious. Try it.

Really enjoyed watching the FlowRider. It's very entertaining.

Shows in the theater were superb. Do not ever miss a chance to see the Knudsen Brothers. RCI singers, dancers, costumes, & sets were fabulous. Same can be said about ice show. James Andrews continues to be a terrific

CD. This was my 2nd cruise with him.

Labadee is gorgeous.

Disembarkation went very quickly UNTIL you arrive at the baggage carousel. We then waited for an hour and 15 minutes for luggage to arrive. Build some time in your departure for this.

Looking forward to Freedom March 11. I didn't know James Andrews was the CD, he was the CD on Mariner last year and we found him to be awesome.

Sorry to hear the cabins etc aren't any big deal. I had heard the beds were new and improved.

Kim

Safes are keypad type, no credit card needed. Knudsen Brothers were great. Last time we saw them there was only 5, now there are 6. They have also added some choreography to the show. All the production shows were very good.

Thanks for the great report! May I ask a couple of questions? We're sailing FOS on May 6th. What juices if any are included on the soda package. I'm not big on soda. Also we have 6:30 seating. What time are the main shows? Also we have Promenade rooms. Was the view good for the parades or should we join the crowd? Thanks again for the insights.:)

baggage carousel - is there one when disembarking the ship then? sure beats walking around everywhere in the suitcase hunt :p

Its just like an airport, several baggage carousels, organised by luggage tag colour.:)

We didn't buy soda package so don't know about juice.

First seating is at 6p and show begins at 9p but always check the Compass for exact times. Arrival night is different for example.

I watched both parades from the window. My DH went down to take pictures. I think it's probably more festive to go down. If you stay in your cabin be sure to pull curtains back over the couch on both sides as that offers more of a view to the right & left.

I must warn you about the storage in your Promenade cabin. It's different.

There is only one drawer in the vanity/desk and that's a small one in the middle that houses the hair dryer which is attached in the drawer. On either side of the mirror are mirrored doors with shelving behind them. I have always been pleased with the storage in those particular cabinets on other ships but these require a bit more creativity. They are extremely shallow, so I put what I could on each one which wasn't much. That was quite a surprise on a new ship.

There are 3 open shelves over the flat-screen t.v. which I found very useful and 4 drawers below. It all works once you get situated.

I would have agreed that a baggage carousel sounds better than just walking around looking for your luggage until I experienced it last Sunday. Standing and waiting for 1 and half hours versus walking around a bit to locate my bags is far less preferable in my opinion.

Archived