Does the Elation have an outdoor play area?

LegendBride 07

Hi All!

For those of you that have been on the Carnival Elation can you tell me if it has an outdoor play area by the "kids" pool? I saw several Carnival ships had put in small play areas with a slide and I really hoped this one did as well! Also, does this deck have any netting or glass beyond the railing? We are taking your 2 1/2 year old and it's his second cruise but I'm so paranoid when he's running around on that deck:) Thanks for the help guys!

Desiree

I was on this ship for 5 days and I never saw the "kids pool". There is the normal pool with the slide (freezing cold and it's deep enough to go to my forehead). My MIL said she found another pool on the top deck but it was filled with adults....so maybe that was an 18 and over pool?

So no, I never saw any outside slides. They have some soft play items at camp carnival.

I am jogging my memory, but I don't remember any nets over the rails on the top deck. I had my 2.5 year old with me so I know what you mean. I never felt like she was unsafe. The pool deck has walls with glass. You have to go out a side door to truly be leaning against a rail.

BRING a sippy cup!!!!! They have no straws and no plastic cups on this ship. They serve the kids drinks in big glass goblets at dinner. :eek: My child spilled her applejuice the day I forgot her sippy cup. So don't forget to bring one with ya. The glasses were so heavy, that no toddler would be accustomed to drinking out of them.

Thanks for the help Michelle:) We actually took him on a cruise in August last year and we have a "must bring" list, like his favorite cereal, juice, and snacks because they won't have them on the boat. You're right about the cups, we took 4 sippy cups last time and I'm glad we did! We took another ship last year and the railing that the kids pool was on had a netting covering the whole back deck. It was comforting, even though I'm fairly sure he couldn't make it through the railing. My mom brain doesn't always think rationaly:D Again, thanks for the help.

Desiree

My mom brain doesn't always think rationaly:D Again, thanks for the help.

Desiree

That's ok, your mom brain works like my husband's "dad brain". When I told him that I was taking the kids on a last minute cruise (without him cause he had to work) the first thing he asked was for me to keep our 2 year old away from the railings.

Taking 2 children out of the country without him was fine. Allowing our 2 year old within 20 feet of a ship railing was out of the question. :rolleyes:

So I completly understand you. :D

We were just on the Elation a week and a bit ago and we found the children's pool midway thru our sailing. It is a bit bigger than a hot tub and only 1ft + approx 9" deep. The issue is that the pool is at the back of the ship and the water sloshes around so big waves tend to occur. My husband and eldest son went in but didn't stay too long. There are some deck chairs around and it is a well enclosed area.

Have fun!

We were just on the Elation a week and a bit ago and we found the children's pool midway thru our sailing. It is a bit bigger than a hot tub and only 1ft + approx 9" deep. The issue is that the pool is at the back of the ship and the water sloshes around so big waves tend to occur. My husband and eldest son went in but didn't stay too long. There are some deck chairs around and it is a well enclosed area.

Have fun!

UGH! I knew it!!!! I knew there just HAD to be a smaller pool somewhere on that ship. I am smacking myself right now. So how did you get to that pool? If you are standing by the slide on the pool deck, you go where?

I feel so dumb. I'll blame this on mommy brain. :rolleyes: I walked all over that ship and never saw that pool. I needed a map.

UGH! I knew it!!!! I knew there just HAD to be a smaller pool somewhere on that ship. I am smacking myself right now. So how did you get to that pool? If you are standing by the slide on the pool deck, you go where?

I feel so dumb. I'll blame this on mommy brain. :rolleyes: I walked all over that ship and never saw that pool. I needed a map.

Go straight back thru the buffett restaurant and out the back doors of the restaurant. There are stairs there. Go down 2 decks and there it is.

Go straight back thru the buffett restaurant and out the back doors of the restaurant. There are stairs there. Go down 2 decks and there it is.

Oh you are kidding! Do you know how many times we ate at that buffet and sat at the back just to watch the water. And I never saw doors outside. Now I'll have to go back on the ship just to prove it to myself that I can find it. ;) :D

Thanks guys for letting me in on where to find the smaller pool :)

RatherBcruisin, I saw that picture on webshots too. I'm a little bummed that they removed it. My mom, who is cruising with us was really looking forward to the outside play time with her grandson!

I am also glad to hear it's well enclosed....he staying with his grandmother the whole trip and I needed some peace of mind to know he is well guarded, they play pretty rough :)

Yay, less than 2 months to go, Thanks again!

Archived