DOC Dance... Just got them for 8/30 Sovereign

Congrats SWACK! We just got ours for 8/29 Mariner, so we definitely know how you feel! DH still breaking out in dance here & there throughout the day... I don't know how we're going to make it through 4+ more weeks!

Have a fantastic vacation!:)

Not our first cruise - although the first on RCI. We did Disney a few years ago. Would have loved to do it again, but by the time we made our vacation plans, their prices were way too high, and the Sov. looked like a real bargain.

This wil be our 3rd in the last 18 months, and our second on RCCL. Never been on the SOS, but have been on that class. Nice ship, but I'm sure nothing like Disney.

We love the shore trips, and have done several Mayan ruins and snorkles.. not sure what we'll do in Nassau yet. My wife and I were there 15 years ago, and spent 3 days on the island. Guess we'll see Atlantis (we stayed there when it was the smaller Lowes) , and do some shopping.

What are you planning?

We're not quite sure yet what we'll do in Nassau. My older son wants to walk around and shop, my DH will probably stay on the ship. My younger son was scared out of his wits the last time we were in Nassua because the people were so aggressive, and does NOT want to walk around. I've been looking at some snorkel excursions outside of RCI, and thinking of booking one. There's one where you can swim with sharks - both boys seem interested. Now - the decision is whether to buy some snorkel gear and drag it along (we'll also use it at Coco Cay), or rent. If we rent, I'll probably bring our own snorkels, after reading some of the posts on the Scuba & Snorkel boards! My mother & sister were in Nassua last year and said the snorkeling was terrible on the shore excursions through the ship, but people who booked their own had better experiences.

I've thought about Atlantis - I'd love to see the aquarium - so we may take a short trip over if we don't snorkel. Believe it or not, the shore excursions aren't a high priority for us - our goals for this trip are relaxation (me and DH), and FOOD (the boys!) :D

Did your kid(s) do the rock climbing wall on your other RCI trip? What did they think of it, and how were the lines?

I know this will be a little different than Disney - no balcony, no separate adult area (which we loved, especially the pool!) - but on the other hand, we're getting two cabins for less than the price of one on Disney!

Yes, DD and DW anmd I love the food as well.. especially DD who gets desert!

We crusied RCCL in '99 in Alaska, prior to the Rock Climbing...

Hopefully your son will find someone to walk with in Nassau.. would not want to do that alone...

Archived