Disembarkation - FLL

angelina

Hi there...just wanted to get a sense of the disembarkation times off the CP. I'm looking to book a 1:30 flight and wanted to see what people's thoughts were on whether its too early or not. Also, how much is the airport transfer to FLL with Princess vs taking a cab? is it difficult to get a cab? I checked and it seems there's only 2 ships in port on Jun 3rd, so i'm hoping to not run into too much crowds at the airport.

After disembarking the CB in the past, we have easily made flights out at 11:15, so no problem with a 1:30 flight.

With only two ships in port, there also shouldn't be a problem taking a taxi. Princess transfers were $10 pp and cab fare was about $15 including tip. So, either way you should be fine.

Agree with toto.

If you flag down a porter in the baggage area (not difficult - there are many), he will pick up all your bags, take you through customs, and then proceed directly to a waiting cab. Well worth the tip to the porter. I have heard that the Princess transfers are slower and the bus doesn't leave until it's full.

We had an 1115 flight and were at the airport before 9. And this was a day when there were 7 ships in the port.

Of course, things could happen (mechanical breakdown, customs problems, etc.) but in all likelihood you will be fine.

A 1:30PM flight should be fine and would take into account disembarkation delays. You're probably OK with anything from 11:30AM and later. You might wind up spending some time in the airport but that's better than stressing over whether you'll make your flight.

Hi there...just wanted to get a sense of the disembarkation times off the CP. I'm looking to book a 1:30 flight and wanted to see what people's thoughts were on whether its too early or not. Also, how much is the airport transfer to FLL with Princess vs taking a cab? is it difficult to get a cab? I checked and it seems there's only 2 ships in port on Jun 3rd, so i'm hoping to not run into too much crowds at the airport.

Cannot speak for the CP but the disembark for the CB on 1/28 was organized and fluid. If you are concerned about making the !:30 flight ask for an early disembark time and they should accomadate.

Ther were 5 add'l ships in port 1/28 and we were off the ship by 9:30. Show a few $$ to the cab organizer and you SHOULD be in a cab VERY quickly. We have always opted for a cab versus the Cruise Line package. We took the cab to a hotel so I do not know the price to FLL.

Hope this helps.

You'll get off the ship in plenty of time. With only 2 ship in that morning, you'll be OK at FLL, too. On the 28th, with 6 ships in, the airport was a zoo. Lots of lines and delays. The time from ship to airport is a minor consideration. No one told me that the delay would be at the airport.

Archived