Laptop on Magic

Tax ladies daughter

I know they offer wireless internet for people who bring their own computers. Not sure how much it costs, but I know there are only a few paces on the ship where it works, so you wont be able to sit in your room to use it. I know someone who did this last November and they were NOT happy with the service. They had lots of trouble getting connected.

They do have a computer station where you can pay to use their computers, which I have heard good things about.

mom x4,grandma x4

Wireless Internet

Enjoy the flexibility of using your own wireless-ready laptop computer at 10 locations throughout the Disney Wonder® and Disney Magic®. Download or upload your personal files; surf the Internet; stay in touch with friends, family and business associates with e-mail. Take advantage of your familiarity with your own computer with our wireless service.

Ship: Disney Wonder® and

Disney Magic®

Internet Rates

Wireless Internet Access $0.75 per minute

$55 for 100 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$105 for 300 minutes (14-night cruise only)

Printing Not available

Onboard Wireless Internet Locations

Cadillac Lounge

Wavebands

Promenade Lounge

Studio Sea

Cove Café

Open Decks (9 & 10)

Atrium (Decks 3, 4 and 5 Mid-Ship)

Internet Access Disney Magic

$0.75 per minute pay as you go

$0.55 per minute (100 min for $55)

$0.40 per minute (250 min for $100)

$0.30 per minute (500 min for $150)

Internet Access Disney Wonder

$0.75 per minute pay as you go

$0.55 per minute (50 min for $27.50)

$0.40 per minute (100 min for $40)

$0.30 per minute (250 min for $75)

Onboard Email Account Additional charge of $3.95 to send an e-mail from your onboard ship e-mail account

No charge to receive an e-mail from your onboard ship e-mail account

Printing $0.25 per page

Well I took it. And will never again. Found the connection very slow. Spent most of my time waiting for it to load. A few times it would not log me off, so had to call tech help on the ship. They were very nice to give me extra minutes back. But the hassle was just not worth it.

Has nothing to do with Disney, just satellite is very slow. Sometimes slower than using a phone line. And for the price it is earier to find a computer and send a quick message. Unless you want to send lots of emails and write them before you connect no worth the hassle of carrying the lap top.

A vacation means not working, being away from what you do everyday. The internet cafe on-board will satisfy all of your needs, unless? The airport security will pay special attention to you, also. So a laptop, no, I've never seen one in public aboard DCL. If you raelly need to stay connected to the world, don't go! Bring it along if you want to play your own romantic music, or download and edit pics of the day. Don't bring it for work, or compulsive spending. Metrowon

Since I teach online classes and needed to make them available while we were on the Double Dip CC cruise in November, I took mine and used the wireless. I did have several people (including an IT guy) tell me that I was addicted. :rolleyes:

I didn't really have any problems with the connection and I used the wireless many different places on the Magic. My favorite place was Cove Cafe. It was quieter than other spots and had the most comfortable chairs. I did do the old dial-up trick of connecting, getting my email and disconnecting to read and write replies. Oh, any time someone complained about the price and that it should be free, I pointed out that Internet connections in most Manhattan hotels are $19.99 a day or higher. That usually shut them up for a while. ;)

Carla

DCL changed the whole internet system earlier this month. There is no longer unlimited internet, but instead you can use both WiFi and the Internet Cafe interchangeably. Of course, it costs more than it used to. And take notice because minutes are more on the Magic than on the Wonder. Allegedly, the connection is better. It so new that few reports are in, but the ones I've seen said that yes, the service is better.

Here are the new prices:

Per-Minute rates:

DISNEY MAGIC

$0.75 per minute

$55 for 100 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

DISNEY WONDER

$0.75 per minute

$27.40 for 50 minutes

$40 for 100 minutes

$75 for 250 minutes