Ordering 2 entrees?

mh1973

On our first cruise I didn't know you could do this until I heard the guy at the next table say "I'll have both". On our last cruise I only ate half of my dinner because I was full and the waiter was all over me to try something else. I almost tried something else just to shut him up. lol. My attitude is do what you want and if someone at the table thinks your being a pig, well, you'll probably never see them again anyways.

We do it all the time. I always have the prime rib along with my lobster or a steak with shrimp. Pam almost always gets two desserts.

Here's another secret: if you don't like coffee after dinner (Pam doesn't drink coffee) they'll bring you hot chocolate if you ask. We usually only have to ask once and then it magically appears in front of Pam after dinner each night.

---Bruce

Agree with previous posters - order what you want. I had two different appetizers one night (couldn't decide) and another night I had one entree and then a "starter size" of another entree. The wait staff are very accommodating, and we found it was great fun to order different things and pass them around the table.

Some nights I order two entrees, or two appetizers, just depends on whats on the menu. It was formal night, and I ordered both the lobster and the prime rib, and my table mates both got the lobster. They saw that I got two after our meals arrived, and they asked our waitress if it was too late to get prime rib also. Nope, she went down and got them, made us all happy! I look at it that I ate 500 worth of food that week! Well worth it!

I tend to order what I darn well please on a cruise. If I want two apps then I order it. I had two lobster tails on the Freedom in November. I also tend to order plenty fo desserts. This is why I diet before I go and why I have to diet when I get back. lol

I agree with everyone else. Order what you want. On my first cruise I missed the first couple of days because I didn't know this rule. Then a guy at our table ordered two things and it was on after that. Especially useful for the Lobster/Prime Rib night.

Definitely.. We did just that last week. Surf and Turf, My Mom ,79 yrs old ordered 2 some nights. I just dont usually eat all the side stuff that comes with it. I tell them I wont eat it but they gave it to me anyway. The fried shrimp is to die for. Enjoy

one night I skipped salad and appetizer and ordered 2 prime and 2 L tail......when Victor asked if anyone needed anything else I jokingly said...well if there is anything good back there, we don't want it to go to waste................he brought out 2 more lobster.

And one night my dad asked which one of 3 was the best for an entree......he said "all 3 it is"....and they brought all 3.

For the experience with the waitstaff I've had.....go for it!!

Last summer on Liberty DH and I ordered double crab legs. They were fantastic and glad we did. Our table mates took pictures of us with piles of shells. That was the first we ever double ordered. If you like it - order double. We certainly wouldn't find that kind of food where we live.

DH and I have done it.

On our last cruise we ordered one extra entree each evening. Later we realized we must have been ordering a plate for his Grandpa since he had left us the money to take the family cruise that we were enjoying. (Thanks Papa)

They will bring what you want multiple orders:p Just order it at the beginning of the dinner .. we were told (my SO ordered something and then after he finished wanted more).. he did receive it.. but the waiter said it is better to order ahead;)

How many really do this? Is it ok to do this? Will I look greedy if I do this? I don't want to order two entrees to eat it all, I just want to try everything, so just curious as to how many people really do this.

I order 2 entrees every night, even for Lunch.

Fred

DH and I have done it.

On our last cruise we ordered one extra entree each evening. Later we realized we must have been ordering a plate for his Grandpa since he had left us the money to take the family cruise that we were enjoying. (Thanks Papa)

I love this story...

Rest well, Grandpa!

well, I am so excited now, I need to lose weight before the cruise so I can eat all the yummy stuff!!

I always do a pre-cruise diet--I usually start about 6 weeks out and lose 10-15 pounds ahead of time. That way, it makes no difference if I want 10 of everything, LOL!! I haven't ever gained back as much as I lose but it sure makes eating fun!!!! Dieting for 6 weeks prior allows me to savor each bite on the ship!! One can only do so many salads and Lean Cuisines before one HAS to have steak and lobster!!!! :D ;)

Later we realized we must have been ordering a plate for his Grandpa since he had left us the money to take the family cruise that we were enjoying. (Thanks Papa)
This is beautiful! ::sniffly:: I'm sure he enjoyed watching you have a wonderful time on your cruise. :)

You can order anything you like... as long as you can eat it.

It would be in very bad taste to order three entrees knowing you could not eat them all. Order whatever you can eat, but don't be wasteful.

I know there are people who do no care about waste on vacation, but really, would you take good food and throw it in the trash?

My DS who is in his 30's has a tremendous appetite.

On our last two cruises the waiter added a steak to whatever he ordered. No questions, just brought it every night without my son asking.

He has on occasion ordered as many as 3 entres. He does eat every bite so the waiters are more than glad to feed him. :D

I am excited to order more than one thing, or have the option to try new stuff.

Ive been trying to expand my culinary horizons, and find some things that I would have just ignored before and actualyl try them. Of course, in restaurants I am usually in my comfy little rut. I generally wont try something new unless someone else orders it then I might order it the next time out.

I hate ordering something new at a place, and absolutely hating it. Not that its cooked bad, just not liking the dish itself, so I stick to what I know I like. Drives my fiancee crazy! He usually says, "We can go there if you dont order "----------"" Lol.

I have heard about some crazy things on the ship(Strawberry bisque, pumpkin soup etc. That I would NEVER try at home and I am looking forward to being able to try it on the ship.

With an ex Navy boy(DB), and two men with hearty appetites(Dad and Fiancee) I am sure my table will be doing lots of double entree ordering! lol

I am very indecisive, and enjoy trying new things... I'll typically ask the waiter how something is if I haven't tried it, and he/she will tell me their honest opinion... Many times they just bring it out and say "here, you decide" There have been times when I couldn't decide between a few things, but finally made a decision, and they have brought me the other items I was choosing from... they want you to be happy, they want you to try new things. Many times we will get something for the entire table to try.

Wow! this is all very informative I am sure DW will enjoy this!! Not saying that she is greedy but she always says that my food always taste better then hers and ends up eating most of my plate and not touching hers. With this she can still order what she wants and samples mine, if she likes what I have better then she can order one for herself and I will not be stuck with less than half a plate :o

Archived