Anyone ever book GTY on Majesty?

Emmabelle

I booked an oceanview GTY on the Majesty for my in-laws for the May 27th sailing of Boston to Bermuda. Just curious has anyone done this and what did they assign you for a cabin? :) It was a $400 savings to do this, I'm hoping it will be ok. I know that alot of the cabins are 108 sf.

I did an oceanview GTY once and got high Cat CC (or C, whichever is the highest oceanview on Majesty). It was obstructed, a lifeboat in front of the window, but it was more convenient. I think deck 8 if I'm not mistaken. A wonderful trip!

I have read a number of people getting the fully obstructed on the Majesty and being upset about it. Personally, like BeachBumMama, I really like the location of these.

I have booked the obstructed just because I like the location and some sunlight but don't necessarily care about looking out the window.

I was wondering if they would give them one of the lifeboat rooms. I don't know what they would prefer, are those cabins 145 sq ft or are they 108 sq ft? :confused:

The category G, is 108 sq ft. I have been in those rooms a number of times and they are efficiently laid out so they really don't seem so small.

Not sure of the sq. footage, but ours was quite decent. It was actually a room for 4 but we had 2. And we had a partial view, at the end of the lifeboat. Personally, I don't need to see the ocean from my room as we're sailing, and when in port I'm not in my room to look at the port.

To me, the only difference between the inside and oceanview is that it lets a little light in. When I've been in oceanview I don't sit and look out of the window nor care what is out there. Unless I'm in a balcony, I'm not too concerned with what I see out of my window. So for me, obstructed or unobstructed doesn't make much of a difference. The convenience of it couldn't be beat and I like being on a higher deck. Truth be known, if I were to book again, I'd probably go for the very same cabin type or book with a GTY and hope to get bumped up to obstructed.

Luckily this is my in-laws first cruise so they have no idea how small some cabins are and how big other ones are. ;) They wouldn't have even known that you could book a particular cabin, but one of their friends had to go and tell them. :) LOL I'm not even going to mention the obstructed view thing.

Emmabelle - we (grown daughter + I) booked Majesty oceanview guarantee about 6 weeks before our Jan. 13 sailing. We were assigned cabin 4992 a week or so after booking. It's one of the lower decks, aft (rear of ship), was 108 sq ft and we were very, very pleased with the cabin and location. While not in the middle of things, it WAS one floor below Seven Seas dining room. Our room stewards, Igusti and Orlando were fabulous. I personally think being lower, you feel the motion a little less. I much prefer a lower, unobstructed view to anything obstructed. After hanging up our shirts and putting undies and pajamas in the tiny little drawers, we left everything else in suitcases under the beds. We positioned the suitcases such that when you pulled them forward it was like pulling out a drawer. (Only drawback to location was that one of the aft elevators was broken the entire week.) And with the size of the Majesty, no matter where you are isn't gonna be a very long walk to where ever you're going.

Hints - if you're going to take a clock, make it a battery operated one. Electric clock wouldn't keep time!!

Take an over-the-door hanging shoe holder. Hang it on outside of bathroom door for storing shoes, camera, toiletries, and a million other things!

If your room is on the dock side at a port, it's fun to put something in your window so you can locate it easily from the outside.

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...
We have always been upgraded to a higher category cabin whenever we booked a GTY. Best one was when we booked a D GTY and ended up with a CC.

Okay, stupid newbie question here - I booked with AAA, how do I know if I booked GTY or not? We booked category JJ.

Any help is appreciated as always!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived