Any Recent Voyager Cruisers???

Heartdoc

My family and I are very excited as we are leaving on Voyager in about 2 weeks. Any recent passengers please let us know what to expect. It is our first trip on a boat this large. How was your experience? (great, I hope). We leave on February 17th and our cabin is on Deck 10.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

It seems no one is talking about Voyager of the Seas cruises. Maybe thats good but I am on the February 10th cruise (9th floor, jr. suite but I'm going to make diamond on this cruise) and would like to hear some reviews of the ship and/or destinations.

I was on Voyager about two years ago, I know its been a while. It was a good ship. We were on Voyager just a couple months after we were on Mariner, which was close to brand new. So, it did seem a little older and more worn out, but it was a good shape and we would not hesitate to cruise her again.

Well, I was going to do a proper review, but it seems that work doesn't stop, even when I'm not there (and it was all waiting for me upon my return!).

Anyway, I'll try to be brief. We (my BF and our two friends) did the Eastern Caribbean route, on the Jan.20th sailing. This was only my second cruise, so maybe I am still in awe of it all, but this cruise was great! Unless I want to nitpick (which I don't do) there was nothing wrong with this cruise. This was my first time on a Voyager class ship, so it was very impressive to me. It was big, but I liked that-forced me to walk off dinner every night. I thought the ship was beautiful and in fairly good shape, considering her age. There were some worn spots of carpet, but I only noticed this, because I was dragging my ever-expanding behind up the stairs so much!

We had a balcony cabin on the hump-room 6322. Great location! The room was in pretty good shape and it was kept spotless by our wonderful cabin steward. The new bedding is great! Much better than the old cots I remember from my first cruise. So be prepared to sleep very well ;)

The crew was very friendly, contrary to some posts I read before this sailing. But, to be fair, I was in too good a mood to notice otherwise :) Our dining room staff was excellent-we had to keep turning the assistant waiter away when she came with more bread-she was very attentive! Our waitress was always 'convincing' us to try more than one dessert. As for the food, it was pretty good. I'm not expecting perfection when thousands of people need to be fed. But I never had a complaint about the dishes I tried. The cold soups are always my favourite and they were great!

The production shows were so-so. I'm not a big broadway fan, so I can't really give a fair review here. I thought the four lead singers were fairly good. The guest entertainment was pretty good-but that is ever-changing, so I won't go on too much. The ice show was excellent-definitely not to be missed! Those skaters were much better than what I was expecting, and the routines were never boring.

The cruise director was Kirk Detweiller (spelling?)-I can see why some people might find him annoying, but I liked him. He was actually pretty funny sometimes. The captain was Charles Tiege. He was very talkative with his 'good morning, good morning, good morning' announcements.

And he was great at the Q&A sessions we attended. Sadly, as chatty as he was, he revealed nothing new about the Genesis project :(

Okay, I tried to be brief...this is pretty good for me! If you have any questions, just ask. I'm sure I've left a lot out.

Becky

Hey Jab,

I am on the same cruise on the 10th. 9th deck Aft balcony. Im excited about the cruise. It will be my 2nd cruise, and 1st on the voyager class. If it's anything like the Serenade then i will be pleased!

We just got off the Voyager. WE sailed Jan 13-20, Western route. This was probably my best vacation ever. DH, DD, 2 DS and myself. along with my brother and girlfriend and her 3 teens. At any rate, this was my third cruise and my kids 2nd. I sailed the Mariner her 2nd year at sea, and i will tell you, this ship looked in just as good shape as the mariner did, Our cruise director was Graham Seymour, he was a riot............the entertainment was great THe Platters, and a Beatles band. along with the ship stuff (did not go to those) Ice show was fabulous, rock climbing great! My 11 year old was in the kids club the entire trip. Our Wait staff was awesome, the food was better than any of the cruises I had been on, do not miss the Gala buffet. Stop in the Pig and whistle and say hi to Jan (pronounce Yan) from czech republic for us!! We had a ball...............Climb the falls in Jamaica with Trevor Hudlin (private tour guide) very professional. Snorkel in Grand Cayman .........wonderful colorful fish..........or try the thai resturant in town, great food!!

And most of all ...................relax, I am jealous of all of you getting ready to cruise !!'

Have fun

Jodi

We also sailed the Voyager 1/20-1/27. As this was our first cruise, I'll pass on the opportunity to babble on about the amazing ship, crew, etc.

I am planning on scanning that week's Compasses and putting them on Webshots. With below-zero weather predicted for this weekend, I should have a link posted before SuperBowl kickoff, if you're interested.

If the Beatle Maniacs are still performing when you sail, don't miss them. We thought this was the best show of the week!

Dave and Pat

Well I guess we are sailing right behind you. I hope you have a great time. Please let us know how it goes...live reports would be great!:D We are staying in RS deck 10. We can hardly wait!!

Kevin

Heartdoc

We will be returning to CT via Raleigh at 1 pm but you will probably already be in Miami. the most recent letter in the thread has a great review of the cruise. Have a good vacation.

Hey Jab,

I am on the same cruise on the 10th. 9th deck Aft balcony. Im excited about the cruise. It will be my 2nd cruise, and 1st on the voyager class. If it's anything like the Serenade then i will be pleased!

We are in a Jr. Suite just ahead of the hump on the starboard side. I have our meet and mingle sign on the door as well as anniversary and birthday signs too.

Archived