Junkanoo Beach Party (Carnival excursion in Freeport)

mncruiser64

I just saw this excursion offerred on Carnival's website (in Freeport). We're looking for a fun, relaxing day on the beach since I understand there is nothing much else to do in Freeport.

It is at the Junkanoo Beach Club? Is this only a "party" beach or is it also okay to bring a 3 year old along? We are certainly planning to have a few drinks and have fun, but need to make sure the atmosphere is okay for our son as well.

Has anyone been there?

Also, where is Junkanoo Beach Club and is it anywhere near any of the shopping in Freeport? I'm not looking for any major shopping - just to pick up a few small souvenirs.

We're cruising on Carnival's Sensation and just booked this shore excursion. The Junkanoo Beach Club web site is http://www.junkanoobeachclub.com. There isn't too much information on the site but there are lots of pictures which show the beach, the lunch buffet, the facilities, additional activities, etc. The pictures also show a wide range of ages from infants to seniors enjoying the beach. It looks like lounge chairs are provided and there's even some shady places. There's also an open porch like area with the bar and tables for eating. I haven't been able to determine how close/far it is from the shopping in Freeport but will gladly post again if/once I do find out.

When are you cruising? If it's after we come back, I can give you the exact details.

Have a wonderful cruise!

We leave Thursday on the Elation (can't wait!) so most likely we won't hear from you before you get back!

We did not book anything yet so I guess we will just wing it and decide when we get on the ship. At this point I'm thinking we may just take the cab to Port Lucaya and go to the beach and shopping there, unless once we get on the ship the Junkanoo beach party comes highly recommended!

Thanks and you have a great cruise too!

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the Junkanoo Beach party on Feb 19. I was leery about paying $55 pp and $44 pp kids to go to the beach but I was pleasantly surprised. We took a bus (25 minute ride) to the beach at 10am. There were plenty of loung chairs. The DJ was pretty good. He started right off with the egg toss game. The winners got a free drink and all the kids who participated got a free fruit punch. He also started a volley ball game, tug of war (kids vs. adults), paddle boat races and a few other games. Lunch was a buffet of hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled chicken, garden and pasta salad and rice. Everyone got one free drink coupon which was good for a Bahama Mama (paper cup size). The only cost was if you bought a picture from the photographer ($10 5x7), hair braiding, umbrella rental ($10). You could sit up on the deck of the bar if you wanted some shade. The bathrooms were decent. The only downside I saw was lunch was served at one time whether you were hungry or not and there was no other food available for purchase. I would have been great to purchase an ice cream or any snack after lunch. Over all I would recommend it especially for the kids.

I went to the Junkanoo Beach party on Feb 19. I was leery about paying $55 pp and $44 pp kids to go to the beach but I was pleasantly surprised. We took a bus (25 minute ride) to the beach at 10am. There were plenty of loung chairs. The DJ was pretty good. He started right off with the egg toss game. The winners got a free drink and all the kids who participated got a free fruit punch. He also started a volley ball game, tug of war (kids vs. adults), paddle boat races and a few other games. Lunch was a buffet of hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled chicken, garden and pasta salad and rice. Everyone got one free drink coupon which was good for a Bahama Mama (paper cup size). The only cost was if you bought a picture from the photographer ($10 5x7), hair braiding, umbrella rental ($10). You could sit up on the deck of the bar if you wanted some shade. The bathrooms were decent. The only downside I saw was lunch was served at one time whether you were hungry or not and there was no other food available for purchase. I would have been great to purchase an ice cream or any snack after lunch. Over all I would recommend it especially for the kids.

Super! Just what I was looking for. I saw the sight/photos. This would be good for kids 6, 11, and 13?

rns

• 2 weeks later...

This beach was not near any shopping. They had paddle boat races but if you wanted to use a paddle boat on your own I think there was a charge for it. There wasn't anywhere to rent snorkle equipment. I brought my own googles. Lunch was included in the cost.

This beach was not near any shopping. They had paddle boat races but if you wanted to use a paddle boat on your own I think there was a charge for it. There wasn't anywhere to rent snorkle equipment. I brought my own googles. Lunch was included in the cost.

Thanks for the info :)

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know if we can go here on our own? Or do we have to go with Carnival?

You can go on your own too. Catch a taxi to Taino Beach Park. You just wont have the package deal of course. Joe's Bar & Grill next to the Junkanoo Beach Club serves food from noon on, and has drinks. Tony Macaroni's just down the beach has some excellent conch and good stories. I don't know for sure if you can use the beach chairs and paddle boats or not - probably available for rent.

You can go on your own too. Catch a taxi to Taino Beach Park. You just wont have the package deal of course. Joe's Bar & Grill next to the Junkanoo Beach Club serves food from noon on, and has drinks. Tony Macaroni's just down the beach has some excellent conch and good stories. I don't know for sure if you can use the beach chairs and paddle boats or not - probably available for rent.

Thanks! Do you know how much it would cost for the taxi?

Archived