Tuxedos on Costa

kevers35

I'm leaving on the Costa Magica in a little over a week and I'm considering renting a tuxedo for the formal nights. I really don't want to pack my suit. Since Costa is supposedly one of the less formal cruiselines, do men generally opt to wear tuxedos on Costa ships sailing in the Carribean? Also, how is Cruisline Formalwear's service and are the tuxedos they rent for Costa cruises decent? I ask because I noticed the rental price is cheaper for Costa compared to some other cruiselines.

thanks

Kevers

We saided on Costa Mediterranea Christmas 2005, and I did not notice many men at all in tux's. My wife and I will on the Mediterranea again for valentines week, our anniversary, and I will not be wearing a tux. I will pack a couple of dress shirts, ties, and one sport coat. It will be mostly casual for me, golf shirts, slacks, etc.

We were on the Mediterranea Jan 21-28, 2007. My husband rented a tux through Cruiseline Formal as he has done on all our Princess cruises. The tuxes are nice and it's great to not have to pack one. We did not see very many men wearing tuxes though and have decided on our next Costa cruise that he will just wear a dark suit. I saw more men in tuxes on our Princess cruises. Our biggest complaint was they did not pick up the tux after the last formal night. They called our stateroom at 8:00 Saturday night as we were getting ready for the toga party, and asked us to bring it to the service desk. We had to wait in a long line of people trying to settle up their bills, while dressed in our togas-I was not very happy!!

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are the nights:

Night 1 - Casual - boat drills, Michael Buble musical video and Sea Musicians

Night 2 - Casual - The Grand Variety Show

Night 3 - Dress Code Formal - Ladies Night and "Life is Beautiful" show

Night 4 - Casual - Tropical Party night

Night 5 - Casual - Production show "The Magic of Time", election of Miss Luminosa and 80's Rhythms

Night 6 - Casual - election of Ideal Couple, Italian Tenor in Phoenix Theatre and Glamour Night

Night 7 - White Night / Casual - Crew Show and Party Under the Stars. Yes, everybody really does wear all-white if they can and it looked like a lot of women were wearing modified wedding dresses and many men wore Pat Boone white pants and shoes.

Night 8 - Dress Code Formal - theme is Retro and 50's Night

Night 9 - Casual / Green, White and Red - Italian Night

Night 10 - Casual - It's the Last Night with Talent Show and Bye Bye Music etc...

I'm leaving on the Costa Magica in a little over a week and I'm considering renting a tuxedo for the formal nights. I really don't want to pack my suit. Since Costa is supposedly one of the less formal cruiselines, do men generally opt to wear tuxedos on Costa ships sailing in the Carribean? Also, how is Cruisline Formalwear's service and are the tuxedos they rent for Costa cruises decent? I ask because I noticed the rental price is cheaper for Costa compared to some other cruiselines.

thanks

Kevers

It's pretty rare to see someone in a tuxedo on Costa in the Caribbean. Just wear a jacket if you want to get dressed up in my opinion.

Here are the nights:

Night 1 - Casual - boat drills, Michael Buble musical video and Sea Musicians

Night 2 - Casual - The Grand Variety Show

Night 3 - Dress Code Formal - Ladies Night and "Life is Beautiful" show

Night 4 - Casual - Tropical Party night

Night 5 - Casual - Production show "The Magic of Time", election of Miss Luminosa and 80's Rhythms

Night 6 - Casual - election of Ideal Couple, Italian Tenor in Phoenix Theatre and Glamour Night

Night 7 - White Night / Casual - Crew Show and Party Under the Stars. Yes, everybody really does wear all-white if they can and it looked like a lot of women were wearing modified wedding dresses and many men wore Pat Boone white pants and shoes.

Night 8 - Dress Code Formal - theme is Retro and 50's Night

Night 9 - Casual / Green, White and Red - Italian Night

Night 10 - Casual - It's the Last Night with Talent Show and Bye Bye Music etc...

We haven't had a toga night on the last 2 or 3 cruises.

We did have a blue and white night when doing the Greek islands, so I think they change the colours to suit where they're sailing.

On our last Far East cruise there weren't any particular colours as I recall.

Edited by chrispb
omission