QE2 Bridge Cam

SeaFlint

Some of you may recall posts a while back where it appeared some CRUISE ship had the gall to run in front of the QM2. Of course, she HAD to run it over.

Well, if that wasn't bad enough, NOW it looks as if some little upstart island is blocking the QE2's World Cruise route.

http://www.cunard.com/bridgecam/qe2_cam1.asp

That "little upstart island" can block my route any day!!! What a great time they must be having.

SeaFlint..you're in VA....I'm just down the coast from you in SC in Pawleys Island...hi neighbor!;)

Cheers, Penny

I had us booked on the QM2 trip around the Horn, FLA to SF. Then I made a DUMB mistake and took a job, so no trip around the Horn. Now, EVERY DAY I watch those bridge cams from QM2 and QE2 and kick myself for not going around the Horn. STUPID STUPID STUPID. Actually in light of our "Friends of.." thread, I am going to start a new club called "Friends of STUPID" for people who gave up opportunities to do wonderful things.

Yep, Northern Virginia (not REAL Virginia). "Pawleys Island" sounds very nice.

Well then...Friends of Stupid...i could co-found that one with you!!!

You let a little thing like work come between you and the QM2? On a trip like that? It must have been fantastic. I got an email from one of the hostesses I'd become friends with and she said it was amazing rounding the horn. Ah well, missed opportunities...life is full of them. Only the older we get, the harder it is to miss them and hope you get a chance to do them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Norway for next year. My dream trip is crossing both ways with the cruise inbetween...my husband says I've lost my mind. No way could we leave our dog for that long. maybe a crossing one way?? I'll have to scheme on that!!!

Youy must report in on that trip as I'll be eager to hear it all!

Cheers, Penny

Well then...Friends of Stupid...i could co-found that one with you!!!

Sorry, I'm already Chairman of Friends of Nap-Time. You'll have to be sole founder and president. But since I REALLY qualify for FOS, I'll be your poster-boy and #1 Member.

You let a little thing like work come between you and the QM2? On a trip like that? It must have been fantastic. I got an email from one of the hostesses I'd become friends with and she said it was amazing rounding the horn. Ah well, missed opportunities...life is full of them. Only the older we get, the harder it is to miss them and hope you get a chance to do them.

Yeah... My son was also excited. He and I have been reading sailing and Cape Horn stories and even started writing one together. Would have been wonderful.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Norway for next year. My dream trip is crossing both ways with the cruise inbetween...my husband says I've lost my mind. No way could we leave our dog for that long. maybe a crossing one way?? I'll have to scheme on that!!!

Listen... Bring your dog up to the kennel we take our dog to (nice English). The woman is VERY nice and has 42 acres for the dogs to run on as well as very nice kennels. And very reasonable pricing. Your dog will LOVE it.

Lost your mind? No, the crossings on our trip last year were the best part. You sound like you LOVE that ship and she's at her best (I think) during a crossing. What were you saying above about missed opportunities?

Youy must report in on that trip as I'll be eager to hear it all!

Cheers, Penny

Will do. Last time I had trouble with my hook-up but I have that fixed, so we'll be on-line. Due to some personal projects state-side and that stupid JOB decision I made, I may even have to "work" on-board. Heck, maybe if it does work I can convince everyone to let me stay on the ship and work from there... The only thing I do in the office that I cannot do anywhere else in the world is drink coffee.

I I am going to start a new club called "Friends of STUPID" for people who gave up opportunities to do wonderful things.

Sign me up for that club too. I missed out on sailing on the QE2/QM2 tandem sailing out of NYC. My excuse was that I was going to have to spend extra $$ to expedite new passports. Fast forward to 2006 and stupidly did not book the QE2 40th cruise until it had been waitlisted. I think I have learned from my mistakes though. I have a deposit on the tandem QE2/QV tandem transatlantic in 2008, on the grande dame QE2.

Archived