Updated Dolphn Fanatasea's info.

excellent

Finally some "news" to report. First things first: here's the link to the original thread that I started a little more than a month ago:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44816

Read through it to get the 'whole' story and replies.

Now the info:

After sending letters to the CEO and the 'customer service' department I have rec'd a letter back that basically states that since my 'experience' did not include the dolphin kiss, it did not( this was a very MINOR part of my complaint but I felt that since it was advertised I was going to mention it ) they will be creditting HALF of the charge for both my wife and I. So , in essence: I pay for one, get one "free".

My complaint regarding the subsequent handling of the issue while on board were addressed with "I'm sorry you feel that way", "we're sorry", etc. Standard Human Resources line. Very "like" a big corporation to shift the blame on the individual for "feeling that way". In no way has Princess addressed the real problem and concerns brought to there attention in specific detail by my letter to the CEO and 'customer service'. In fact it does not even acknowledge the very point(s) brought up re: cost vs. delivery, blatant attempt to charge the customer more for an already expensive tour, etc.

I cannot even begin to relay the level of utter frustration that I feel when a problem from a paying customer is turned around to the point that it's really my fault for "feeling that way". I should have known when they tried to charge you for a damn ice cream cone after I already spent $2400 on the cabin alone......

In the bigger picture Princess has failed in a big way to fix a problem that was very specific in nature. They will, obviously, continue to do business with this operation and hide behind the premise of dealing with any issues and/or concerns AFTER you have left the trip. Furthermore, the fact that the rememdy offered was half what I asked for and that they were "sorry I felt this way" regarding the unprofessional handling of the ENTIRE episode, is the reason that I will NEVER bestow my business upon Princess again.

You can be sorry.....have no problem with that. However, when that is the remedy/'excuse' for why a service or product failed to meet an advertised expectation I draw the line. Being sorry is the way for any individual/business to immediatley diffuse a potential conflict or confrontation. If you structure you're business or organization properly...you don't have to be "sorry".

I have not thrown in the towel yet. I will have satisfaction.

Will keep you all informed as to progress although I'm sure it will be at a snail's pace since they(Princess) think that I will be satisfied with this. THe best line in the letter is this: "Mr. XXXXXXX again thank you for contacting our office. We Look forward to the opportunity to welcome you onboard for what, we are ceratin, will be a completely enjoyable holiday at sea. Until then we send our kind regards".........

And you are going to do "what?" to entice me to come back? Absolutely nothing....

E

I see another "Energizer Bunny" thread coming here (it will keep going and going and going). It's your time and your money, and only you can decide if the course of action you have embarked upon is worth the effort involved.

My wife and I were considering this tour for our cruise in December. We won't be doing it now. What a rip-off!

If enough people read your post then that tour operator will eventually be out of business. Thanks!

I also instigated a dispute with the credit company, should have done that as soon as I got home. I did, however, give Princess a chance to rectify the problem in a clear and concise manner. They have since decided not to. I am disputing the charge for the tour which amounts to $320.00. I have sent the letters to and from Princess to the CC company and we will see what transpires.

I had every faith that Princess would honor their stated goals of making the customer happy, they choose to not abide by there own mission statement. I also think that when you take the time to personally address the CEO of any major corporation you should, at the very least, get a reply from that office. Of course it would be on corporate stationary and be form letter but the fact that they actually take the time to do it tells me alot above the perceptions of that corp. Princess just does not give a ****, and they will continue to do business with that vendor in Antigua, simply becuase the margin for profit is so high.

SpongeRob- this will not turn into the E-Bunny, there are ways of getting things done. I am now doing that. It's Princess' fault for not following through at all, they decided to make it mine with the "sorry you feel that way" solution.

E

Please do not take my experience for the final say, although enough have added to kind of support it. The issue that is not even raised, at least on my correspondence to Princess, is the whole exploitation of animals for fun and profit. But if I did that, Princess woud just dismiss it as a "tree-hugging liberal" stuff.

If I've saved you some money and the poor dolphins one less humiliating experience at the expense of someone's greedy finger's, then I am satisfied. Still want my $$ back though, LOL!

E

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter back from Princess from the last one I sent them. In my letter I expressed my complete displeasure that they (Princess) have NOT addressed my concerns and that the offer of partial credit is not acceptable, furthermore I sort of dressed them down for not sticking to there stated mission statement which invites all customers to send feedback to the CEO. Never even got a reply from that office, pretty shabby way to treat people. At the very least, send out a form letter or some type of acknowledgement.

In the last letter they sent me they are now taking the stance that they (Princess) do not have any control over the tours that they book and accept payment for. It's one thing to just be an agent and have your payment be processed through to the actual tour operator but by accepting payment for them, creddited to Princess, they assume responsibility. Afterall, they advertise, book and transport you to the facility, not the operator themselves.

There attitude is BS to say the least. So now I am am left to dispute the original charge with the credit company. That was started when the first letter from Princess arrived and did not address 99% of the issues I raised with them. They also state that since I ,again, wrote them to inquire about all the other issues and the status of them, they have "pushed it to senior management and are considering a proper course of action". Why was this info. not given to me in the previous letter? Because they are full of ****! Princess also states, for the umpteenth time, that they are sorry I 'feel' that way. Again using the science of psychology to make you "feel" like it's your fault for being unhappy with them. Well we can't have that.......Is'nt everything supposed to be "EXCELLENT". You cynics out there who have been on Princess should understand that.....

So now the entire shipboard charge is in dispute, even though I carefully detailed that only a portion of it is to be in dispute. Princess lost a potential repeat customer because of the mickey mouse way of handling issues and concerns. If I treated my customers in a way that has been this evasive and hiding behind the "It's not our fault" attitude, I would'nt have any.

It's too bad that Princess and it's corporate office chooses to do business in that way. They will NEVER have mine again.

E

Archived