Which cabin would you choose ?

jocelysue

We are going on a trip to South America rounding the Horn . Direction Valparaiso to Buenos Aires.

We have a choice between an outside stateroom on the Continental deck (the lowest)which is absolutely midship and far enough from the elevators and an outside cabin on the Continental deck (2nd storey) which is quite far fore (about the eigth ) cabin from the helm (I think that's the proper way to say front). We are not interested in a guaranteed cabin and this is the only choice we have.

Some of our friends have told us that cabins on the Continental deck are quite noisy, especially during rough weather, since they are above the motors. On the other hand, we have been told that in rough seas there is much more pitching and reeling in a fore cabin and consequently much more risk of being seasick.

We do not know if direction matters on this particular itinerary. Both cabins are the same price (or very close) so price is not the object.

Would appreciate the views of travellers with experience who could guide us in making our decision. Thanks

I would go with the mid-ship. But why are you so worried about the elevators. We always get a cabin 2 or 3 from the elevators and never do we hear any noise from anybody or anything. Its great you just fall out of you room and the elevator is right there. Also why not put a hold on the room in mid ship and wait a day or so and see what shows up. I always find different cabins show up every day.

You can try other on line sites sometimes they have different cabins then Celebrity does.

Thanks so much for the answers. So far its unanimous for midship.

Will wait a little while yet but have to make up my mind before tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your answers. So far it has been unanimous for midship. Your advice has been most helpful.

Why do I have to decide so fast and not wait for a better cabin to come up? Simply because myTA offered us a deal . 2 couples who had reserved these cabins (and put a sizeable down payment) have had to cancel because of poor health of one of the parties. Since one of the couples will receive insurance and will be repaid their money and the other couple doesnthe TA has these cabins in his inventory and't want to leave without them and would like to receive some of their deposit back, our TA suddenly has 2 empty cabins. He can offer a good discount on them. So he called those of his clients who like to cruise. Us first. Although we are doing almost the same trip on HAL, it's impossible to turn down the deal. So we are going to confirm tomorrow morning.Then, someone else gets the opportunity of picking up the cabin we don't take.

But I'm glad to know that midship is best. As for the question about the elevator, on one cruise we were on where the elevator was right off the elevator, revellers would congregate in the wee hours of the morning. Not too long every night but enough to make it unpleasant. However, it is NOT a make or break issue.

Once more thanks . But please keep on with the advice. I appreciate it.

we are booked on the infinty valparaiso to fort lauderdale and reseved 7003-it is a forward looking cabin-larger than other outside view cabins with a semi-circular front window with a"window ledge wide enough to sit on.check it out.

Archived