Boston to Miami air

Luvs2roam

Just priced a cruise for next April (FOS) and RCCL is quoting air to be $535.00. I didn't think the air price was available yet but this is the price they are quoting if I book the whole thing through them. That seems high to me. Should I try to get it on my own would it be less? Or should I go with the cruise line so I know I definitely have a seat? I know its school vacation week maybe that is why its high.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Unless they've changed their policy, you can book the cruise with air included and drop the air at a later date (as long as it's before final payment date) without any penalty. I always do that then shop the air. If I get better air, great. If not, good decision.

Wouldn't hurt to call and confirm that is still their policy.

On a side note, best thing about cruise air is you have up until the final payment date to cancel, unlike air you book today. If you book air today it's yours...

You might want to try booking a flight to FT Lauderdale or even West Palm and renting a car to get you down to Miami instead. For some reason Boston - Miami flights are almost double compared to Boston - FLL or PBI. I saved over $200 on airfare doing it this way. Rental places (Hertz, Avis,...) in Florida do not charge you extra for a one way rental.

I agree with RickT. You can book your air now with Royal Caribbean, and keep monitoring the air prices. If you find something better (and you probably will) just cancel the air portion of your cruise before final payment. We just flew Jet Blue -- nonstop from Boston-Fort Lauderdale. Excellent experience as usual!

I cant beleive they would charge so much for air, but I guess if people will pay it, they can get it. I always book our cruises and air direct with RCI and the air carriers. Then I know when I am flying and usually save some money too. I start looking for air about 6 mos in advance. In Jan we went on the Jewel and flew from Philly to FLL and I paid 138 pp rt.

Good luck in your search

Just priced a cruise for next April (FOS) and RCCL is quoting air to be $535.00. I didn't think the air price was available yet but this is the price they are quoting if I book the whole thing through them. That seems high to me.

They can quote air prices even though you can't book air on your own because they have negotiated rates with the airlines. Like others said, hold the cruise with air (just in case) and drop it before final payment if you can find it cheaper.

I booked the first couple of cruises with air and was always disappointed by the arrival/departure times. We ended up with connections and sitting in airports for hours waiting for our return flight. I have always been able to book our air on our own for much cheaper. Fort Lauderdale can be much cheaper than Miami as I found out last year on our cruise. THis year instead of a cruise out of Miami I booked out of Fort Lauderdale and booked our air out of Manchester on Southwest. Good pricing.

GOod luck.

Ft. Lauderdale is close to Miami and 99% of the time is where we fly into as it is way cheaper. I would never use the cruise air as it is always way more expensive. If I was to book it for our May cruise they would charge us $400 and I can get it on our own now for $200. Personally I wouldn't buy it from the cruise line but I know some would, so to each his own.

Thanks everyone for all the info. I think I will book with air and as suggested shop around if I find it cheaper I will cancel it off but if I don't find it cheaper I will at least have seats.

I never thought to fly to another airport so I will check that out too.

Thanks again!

If you are traveling during school vacation week, then booking air can be tricky. For peace of mind, book with the cruiseline. However, you must closely monitor the airline prices as they come out. We are cruising out of MIA this April during vacation and friends who booked late (1 month ago) ended up paying $480 for air with the cruiseline and it was a bargain compared to purchasing on their own, even to FLL!

Archived